Moparts

GREMLIN??????

Posted By: BLACKFISH

GREMLIN?????? - 06/17/08 05:49 PM

WHAT THE &*%%#@. Sitting in the car cleaning up the new cage when all of a sudden the car starts turning over. Main shutoff was on but the ignition was off. Wouldn't fire but was turning over, turn off master cutoff and it turns off. Any ideas I hate electrical?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/17/08 06:16 PM

Were you squirting a cleaner of some kind? What wiring system stock or homegrown?

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/17/08 06:36 PM

No cleaner and stock wiring thanks. Also i should add its a 67 barracuda msd 6al added as well as newer style voltage regulator swapped. these were done years ago with never a problem. thanks
Posted By: stumpy

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/17/08 07:53 PM

Got to be simple. I would start by looking at the starter relay and see if any wires are touching shorting across the terminals. Then unplug the start wire from the ignition to the relay. If that stops it then you have switch or wiring trouble under the dash. If not then I would say the relay is bad.

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/17/08 08:11 PM

Yes I was thinking relay as well. Got one ordered for tomorrow FINGERS CROSSED
Posted By: gremlinsteve

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/17/08 09:53 PM

all i can say is it wasnt me...

steve
Posted By: mopar346

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/17/08 11:36 PM

Is any of your wiring running up the area where the cage was welded into the floor. Any chance you have a bare wire underneath the floor/carpet where you were standing/sitting. Seen stranger, your weight works like a pressure switch making the floor contact the wire and then it essentially welded itself to the floor pan. Just a thought.

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/17/08 11:50 PM

No carpet or wires around there but i'll check the two wires I have running underneath the car. thanks
Posted By: 69L78Nova

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/18/08 12:21 AM

Good thing its not a stick car
Posted By: GODSCOUNTRY340

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/18/08 12:26 AM

I think it was gremlinsteve. How else would he know to watch this site?????

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/18/08 03:06 PM

Actually it is a stick car and I like gremlinsteve and it says if you like him that he likes you so why would he mess with my ride.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: GREMLIN?????? - 06/18/08 04:37 PM

Put a relay on it. Mopars, Fords and chevies all do that when the relay/solenoid get weak. I heard my Dart spinning over 1 night, ran out with a ball bat and the car was empty and the doors locked.
© 2024 Moparts Forums