Moparts

Can magnum H2O pump/accesories fit on LA block?

Posted By: tpabayflyer

Can magnum H2O pump/accesories fit on LA block? - 05/04/09 03:37 PM

I think the water pump spins in the opposite direction on a magnum as opposed to the LA style but I was wondering if I could use the water pump housing and all accessories from a magnum engine and use them an an LA block??? I am using magnum heads on the LA block if it makes a difference... TIA TBF
Posted By: patrick

Re: Can magnum H2O pump/accesories fit on LA block? - 05/04/09 04:44 PM

yes and no. IIRC on the magnums there's addional bosses on the engine block for the PS pump. if you're using PS, you'll need to cobble something together, if not, you'll have to figure out a custom belt routing and belt length.
Posted By: goldmember

Re: Can magnum H2O pump/accesories fit on LA block? - 05/04/09 05:33 PM

I can't think of any reason not to. The power steering pumps that I have all bolt to the head,not the block. What vehicle have you seen with the ps bolted to the block?
Posted By: patrick

Re: Can magnum H2O pump/accesories fit on LA block? - 05/04/09 07:17 PM

when clair davis on the board here converted his 340 to a mag serpentine setup, he had a lot of hassle with the PS, IIRC according to him both the ram and van parts bolted to the block.
Posted By: goldmember

Re: Can magnum H2O pump/accesories fit on LA block? - 05/04/09 08:07 PM

I have had 4 different magnum engines all ps pump brackets bolted to the head. I guess there is some application that bolts to the block but I haven't seen one.
Posted By: tpabayflyer

Re: Can magnum H2O pump/accesories fit on LA block? - 05/05/09 04:24 AM

O.K. thanks fellas... I just may give it a whirl with a 318... TBF
© 2024 Moparts Forums