Moparts

EGR on Magnum eng

Posted By: Wedgeman

EGR on Magnum eng - 04/28/09 10:40 PM

HI
Putting headers in my a-body to fit a 5.9l Magnum,
Can I just plug the EGR hole in the plenum and cancel the valve ? or what else ?

Daniel

Re: EGR on Magnum eng - 04/29/09 02:13 AM

Anyone ? lol
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: EGR on Magnum eng - 04/29/09 04:51 AM

No expert on Magnums, but I thought I heard they didn't have an EGR? Maybe I'm thinking smog pump.
Anyway, if it does, plug it if not using the stock computer and it's tuning.
Posted By: patrick

Re: EGR on Magnum eng - 04/29/09 12:39 PM

Quote:

No expert on Magnums, but I thought I heard they didn't have an EGR? Maybe I'm thinking smog pump.
Anyway, if it does, plug it if not using the stock computer and it's tuning.

96-up don't. 95-down do....

Re: EGR on Magnum eng - 04/29/09 12:46 PM

Yes I am using the stock computer.

Daniel
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: EGR on Magnum eng - 04/29/09 03:16 PM

I don't know how the computer will react. It may be smart enough to adapt. Try it and see. Worst case, you'll just have to revert back. EGR doesn't affect WOT performance if you keep it, btw.
I think E'berg mentioned keeping it as a performance enhancer awhile back-something to do with the timing. Email him at Mopar Action's site.

Re: EGR on Magnum eng - 04/29/09 04:40 PM

Good idea
Thanks
Posted By: NFURY8

Re: EGR on Magnum eng - 05/04/09 07:48 AM

You can dump it and plug it. I did this on my 5.2 swap. I actually swapped in a 98 intake, which already has the EGR plugged up, and welded the bung on the headers closed. Then I cut out all the wiring. Everything runs fine. The computer will store a code for fault in the EGR circuit, but it will not turn on the MALF light, if you are using one. I have one hooked up for troubleshooting while still shaking down the system.
© 2024 Moparts Forums