Moparts

Audio guys...

Posted By: chache876

Audio guys... - 06/14/08 11:13 PM

How would I go about hooking up a modern cd player to the wiring harness in a 72 demon with just an AM radio?
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Audio guys... - 06/14/08 11:18 PM

Black goes to ground.
Red goes to the power feeding the current AM radio
Yellow goes to battery on all the time (not switched) make sure it has a fuse.
Blue (amp signal) won't get used.
Speaker outputs...run to which ever speakers you add (package tray, or? ) If you are only going to keep the dash speaker, you might consider running a small pair of 3.5" speakers under there and run your speaker wires up to there.

That should get you going at least, pretty simple really
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Audio guys... - 06/14/08 11:37 PM

one power wire will have to goto a constant 12V source, the other power wire will have to goto a switched power
source. also, most CD players have wire that you hook up to the light switch, which will dim the display when
the lights are turned on. i would also consider wiring up ALL the other wires too. incase you wanna upgrade it further.
side note: the factory speaker wires are way to small of a gauge to take advantage of modern
CD players.
i would just run seperate wires to the speakers.. it'll sound 100x better.
whatever the case, black dosn't always mean its a ground, check first.
I assume your gonna hack the dash rather then puttin it in the glove box?
Posted By: chache876

Re: Audio guys... - 06/15/08 08:24 PM

Yeah I've already hacked the dash now just about to install this thing. One last question, which wire from the cars harness do I hook up speaker too?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Audio guys... - 06/15/08 09:24 PM

ones lime green, the other is brown or black, i forget which, but they'll be tied together.
© 2024 Moparts Forums