Moparts

Power booster for 66 Plymouth Fury C-Body

Posted By: Tracy Willits

Power booster for 66 Plymouth Fury C-Body - 04/17/24 02:00 PM

Anyone found a source for these? I'm wondering if I can use the newer style meant for front disc brakes? All help appreciated. Thanks, Tracy.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Power booster for 66 Plymouth Fury C-Body - 04/17/24 02:05 PM

You have a '66 power disc brake car?

Re: Power booster for 66 Plymouth Fury C-Body - 04/17/24 03:11 PM

No-4 wheel drums with power. My question is can I use a later power booster/master cylinder combo from a later mopar with power brakes. I may have to get a kit to convert mine to front power discs if I can't find a power booster for mine. My power booster takes the old style master cylinder with 4 bolts attaching verses the newer style with a 2 bolt on master cylinder. As far as I can tell noboby makes the correct power booster anymore. I was looking at replacing mine with a newer style from the late 60s/early 70s that may match up to the firewall. The combo is from Leed Brakes and says that I may have to either adapt the new set to the firewall or make a new plate. I can do either. Just curious if anyone else has done that or converted to front discs.

Re: Power booster for 66 Plymouth Fury C-Body - 04/17/24 03:28 PM

I am confident these guys can rebuild your existing booster.

Power Brake Booster Exchange

Re: Power booster for 66 Plymouth Fury C-Body - 04/17/24 05:33 PM

Thanks 6pak. I never knew they even existed. I was looking for the parts to rebuild it myself as 25 years ago I was a Chrysler master mechanic-i rebuilt engines, tranny, and drivelines at a local dealership . Got laid off when they went to only factory rebuilds. I will call them.

Re: Power booster for 66 Plymouth Fury C-Body - 04/17/24 05:37 PM

Called and they said they could definitely do it. I am going to get it off and sent in today. Thanks again 6pak!

Re: Power booster for 66 Plymouth Fury C-Body - 04/18/24 01:25 AM

That's what we're all here for, to try to help each other out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums