Moparts

Cuda shaker intake height

Posted By: Craig J

Cuda shaker intake height - 03/24/24 01:30 AM

Hopefully this edelbrock single plane intake will work with a standard shaker hood. I believe a base is available for the larger afs carbs, but I am not sure about the height.

Edit: According to Barton's website it is the same height and will work with the factory shaker.... I guess I will find out in a few months.

Attached picture IMG_5175.jpeg
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Cuda shaker intake height - 03/24/24 11:22 PM

Edelbrock says it will work with a shaker
Posted By: second 70

Re: Cuda shaker intake height - 03/26/24 05:01 PM

Just a warning I run a Stage V on mine which is a little taller than factory and it sits higher through the hood than factory. It's as high as it can go and also as low as the base on the engine possible.

When I switched to a MSD Pro billet distributor I had to modify the base so it would fit.

Attached picture IMG_0637.JPG
Attached picture !Bg-e8bgCGk~$(KGrHqIOKjIEry,U1i(ZBLHJYmB)wg~~_3.jpg
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Cuda shaker intake height - 03/26/24 05:06 PM

I am running Indy EZ's on my 1970 RB with a Shaker hood. They elevate the height of the intake enough to make things pretty tight once the hood is closed. In response to that height increase, I have milled the carb flange on the intake to reduce the height. Another consideration I thought about doing is to shim the K-member downward 1/4", which I did not resort to.

I'm now switching the 3 2bbls I was running to a single 4bbl throttle body to upgrade to EFI. I bought replica steel Shaket base plate for the 4bbl and will cut and weld the baseplate to adjust the assembled height of the Shaker Scoop as well as adjusting the angle it sits at.

Attached picture Intakes 3.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums