Moparts

2007 Jeep cherokee transmission issue

Posted By: karmakritters

2007 Jeep cherokee transmission issue - 02/08/24 03:11 PM

Hello. I am trying to see if anyone can help me out on what I may be able to do myself to fix a transmission issue. Pretty simple on random occasions when you put it into drive the transmission wants to go into third gear instead of first. Also randomly the trans temp light comes on. Fluid doesn't smell burnt . Any help would be great as I am familiar with older vehicles but this newer stuff has too many electrical parts for me.
Thanks Sam
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 2007 Jeep cherokee transmission issue - 02/08/24 05:03 PM

Had the controller scanned for codes?
Posted By: karmakritters

Re: 2007 Jeep cherokee transmission issue - 02/10/24 03:58 PM

Sorry for the delay in posting. My daughter just got it scanned and she says it's throwing code P0700 . I looked it up and it seems to be almost anything to do with the transmission. Are there any usual suspects with this model of Jeep?
Posted By: Sniper

Re: 2007 Jeep cherokee transmission issue - 02/10/24 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by karmakritters
Sorry for the delay in posting. My daughter just got it scanned and she says it's throwing code P0700 . I looked it up and it seems to be almost anything to do with the transmission. Are there any usual suspects with this model of Jeep?

You have to get the codes from the transmission controller, odds are what she got was the generic there's a trans problem code from the main computer. Autozone and the like don't usually have the ability to get the trans code from the trans controller.

You might consider this

https://www.alfaobd.com/
© 2024 Moparts Forums