Moparts

69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL?

Posted By: plumcrzyTA

69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 06/27/23 04:59 PM

I,M TRYING TO REMOVE THE BACK SEAT OF A RUSTY 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA.THE FRONTS I BASICALLY RIPPED OUT BECAUSE OF THE RUSTY FLOOR.IT,S IN NICE SHAPE AND DON'T WANT TO WRECK IT AND HAVE NEVER TOOK ONE OUT BEFORE.I TRIED KICKING THE BOTTOM LIKE AN E BODY AND NOT SURE IF THAT,S THE SAME WAY OR IF IT,S JUST RUSTED.JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO TAKE THE BOTTOM AND BACK OFF THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Posted By: BloFish

Re: 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 06/28/23 03:29 AM

Same principle.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 06/28/23 08:53 AM

The top piece is bolted in,(on the fastbacks and convertibles, not sure about the non fastback coupes confused) the bottom section is held down like all other rear seat Mopar's I've own, press down while shoving it backwards to unhook from the floor retainers scope wrench up
Posted By: plumcrzyTA

Re: 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 06/28/23 01:12 PM

OK GOOD TO KNOW!!! THANK YOU!!! BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED WITH CROW BARS AND BEING ON MY BACK AND KICKING IT HARD!!! WITH MY BOOTS,IT REALLY MUST BE RUSTED GOOD,BUT NOW I KNOW THAT FOR SURE THAT IS THE WAY IT COMES OUT I CAN DEFINITELY GET MORE AGGRESSIVE!!! TY!!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 06/28/23 06:06 PM

i usually remove the front seats and then use my knees, one at a time, to push hard against the front of the lower back half seat and push down to the rear of the car when striking the front of seat with my knee scope wrench luck
Be patience, it may take multiple strikes, tries, to disengage the rear seat springs retaining it into the floor retainer brackets wrench up
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 06/29/23 03:19 AM

I have a '69 fastback optional fold down rear seat and for the bottom cushion there are two bolts back by the rear axle hump. Take those out and the seat releases from the front hooks easily.

For fastbacks with non-folding seats or coupes or convertibles I can't speak for those.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 06/29/23 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by 69Cuda340S
I have a '69 fastback optional fold down rear seat and for the bottom cushion there are two bolts back by the rear axle hump. Take those out and the seat releases from the front hooks easily.

For fastbacks with non-folding seats or coupes or convertibles I can't speak for those.

Yep!!
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 06/29/23 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69

Yep!!

I thought all fastbacks had the folding rear seat???
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 07/01/23 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cuda340
Originally Posted by Dcuda69

Yep!!

I thought all fastbacks had the folding rear seat???

For '68 and back that would be correct all fastbacks in those years had folding back seats. In '69 folding back seat was an option on fastbacks and without that option the seat back was fixed in place and did not fold. The non-folding rear seat had same appearance as the folding seat just no lever on the seat back and no hinges.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: 69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA REAR SEAT REMOVAL? - 07/01/23 01:29 AM

I'm getting ready to pull my rear on the '68 to put in a new floor. I seems to have been out because it's cockeyed and wedged in somehow. And then the fold up section is stuck from going all the way up.
© 2024 Moparts Forums