Moparts

Tuff wheel/Rim blow combo

Posted By: RTSE4ME

Tuff wheel/Rim blow combo - 05/13/23 02:57 PM

I am installing a new Tuff wheel to replace worn and cracked rim blow. I was looking at the rim blow horn button and
thought this looks nice compIared to the tuff wheel horn button.It looks like it would fit with a little modifying to the button retainer but might leave a gap when I mocked it up on my desk
I have a friend who has a 3D printer that could make me a spacer to fill the gap or print a shorter retainer.

Anyone do something like this combo? How did you adapt the rim blow horn button. I can't be the only person.

Re: Tuff wheel/Rim blow combo - 05/13/23 03:07 PM

pic

Attached picture GOPR0106.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: Tuff wheel/Rim blow combo - 05/13/23 06:17 PM

any pictures of the underside of the horn cap and the switch mechanism ?
and by chance, did you ask me about machining an adapter for that at one time ?
someone did, but i lost the contact info.......... spank
beer

Re: Tuff wheel/Rim blow combo - 05/13/23 06:45 PM

i was thinking I could use my crush can since I am using a tuff wheel adapter now. I will cut off a ring it is about the same diameter as horn cap.Wish I had a band saw
I never asked you about an adapter

Attached picture GOPR0109.jpg
Attached picture GOPR0110.jpg
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Tuff wheel/Rim blow combo - 05/13/23 09:37 PM

Didn’t the rimblow get the horn button on wheel instead on center, hence why it calls “rimblow”?

The rimblow center cap is not a button per se, so is made to fit againts the wheel just as a finish cap. Wheel retainer and cap are made to fit tight without a gap. Being just need to cover the retainer itself is a low profile cap.

Now the tuff wheel center cap is higher to cover all around the button switch assembly and still being higher it gets a gap to clear the button function when pressing in againts the wheel.

Tuff wheel and rimblow wheel can be used indistinctly on any of the adapters, collapsible or not. But if working on an E body, I wouldn’t replace the collapsible unit. The regular “flat” spacer will make fit the wheel closer to the dash pad and your hands/fingers can meet with it. I have seen that happening on a friend’s 70 Cuda when installed a tuff wheel with the regular adapter.

Re: Tuff wheel/Rim blow combo - 05/13/23 11:36 PM

Yipeee!!!!!!! Figured it out...Tuff wheel with rim blow horn cap.
Tuff wheel adapter fits perfect for the vertically handicap. E-body was made for it.

Attached picture GOPR0115.jpg
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Tuff wheel/Rim blow combo - 05/14/23 06:47 AM

Too close to the dash pad IMHO and dangerous while driving I think.
© 2024 Moparts Forums