Moparts

Summit racing paint

Posted By: 6PACMAC

Summit racing paint - 02/18/23 04:21 PM

Anybody use it? And if you did, how is it holding up? I heard it was made by Kirker, but Kirker said no. Summit won't say who they get it from. Thanks
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Summit racing paint - 02/20/23 02:50 AM

I don't know who makes Summit paint. But if you want to know you are getting, or want colors Summit doesn't have, you can just get Kirker. I think it's about the same price by volume, though Kirker sells 3/4 and Summit sells 1 gallon it's priced accordingly. It's been a long time since I looked into paint but I think I remember that certain municipalities don't sell (and maybe some companies won't ship to?) certain paints due to environmental concerns. If the Summit stuff is affected by that, Kirker might not be, and the place I got my Kirker had no issues shipping it.

This is where I got my paint for my first and only home paint job. I don't know enough about paint to recommend it over anything else, but I have no complaints about it.

https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/pr...hite-ua-81496/automotive-base-coat-paint
Posted By: chargers777

Re: Summit racing paint - 02/20/23 04:35 AM

Love it. Really good paint and it flows out nice. This was painted with it about 5 years ago. It hasn't been waxed.

Attached picture IMG_20220917_164120653_HDR.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: Summit racing paint - 02/20/23 06:53 PM

nice ! up
and since i'm in the market for wheels for my charger, what wheels are on your car ?
beer
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Summit racing paint - 02/20/23 08:59 PM

I've been using their gloss and semi gloss urethane as a chassis black for underbody components, and have also used it for a few small parts like the wheels on my truck/shown, etc.

Works great, and is a ton more durable/looks much nicer than the typical rattle can stuff marketed to guys like us.

Attached picture ram.jpg
Posted By: chargers777

Re: Summit racing paint - 02/21/23 01:01 AM

Jegs torque thrust.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Summit racing paint - 02/21/23 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by chargers777
Jegs torque thrust.

thanks. up
beer
Posted By: Black_Sheep

Re: Summit racing paint - 02/28/23 02:40 PM

We did my buddy’s Ford with Summit paint about 15 years ago, it went on nice and still looks great.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Summit racing paint - 02/28/23 10:59 PM

Well, I guess I'm the exception to the rule...lol.. I sprayed my Durango with Summit's single stage red and it looked fantastic..It's my winter beater to keep the salt off the new truck so it sits outside all the time.....Within a year it started to fade..Buffing/wax brought it back a few times only to fade again...Now it's pretty much a flat red and I've given up hope...

Attached picture side1.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums