Moparts

440 source wp housing

Posted By: coro500net

440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 12:47 AM

Anybody try to use a factory t stat housing on a
440 source aluminum wp housing? Tried to use my
65 t stat housing,but one bolt does not line up.
I also noticed the t stat gasket did not line up also.I will just elongate one hole in the t stat houing,so it wont be a big deal,just wondering if anybody else had a problem?NOT TRYING TO BASH 440
SOURCE,they have been good to me.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 01:04 AM

I've heard a couple of people having them not drilled correct. I'm getting ready to get one but I feel lucky
Posted By: AndyF

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 01:43 AM

Yeah, someone messed up on the hole placement on their water pump housings. Not sure why, but they are all off about a 1/16 of an inch. Not sure if anyone has called Brandon to tell him his supplier has the wrong dimensions on the blueprint or not.
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 01:43 AM

I just got one, and had to elongate the holes on my thermostat housing a little. Take a little off the inside of both holes.
Posted By: NFURY8

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 04:58 AM

Is this a recent development?
I have one that is about 4 yrs old and was fine.

Posted By: royt440

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 10:01 AM

The one I bought about a year ago was wrong. At first I thought it was the new chrome thermostat housing but my original didn't fit either.
Posted By: 440challenger

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 11:38 AM

I had to egg mine..
Posted By: slowpoke

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 12:17 PM

Kim at 440source tole me they must be egged out as stated above!
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 12:53 PM

I have always had great service from 440source, but thats not right if they are selling the water pump housings and not telling their customers about the necessary water neck modification. Maybe they fixed the problem??
Posted By: slowpoke

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 12:58 PM

I just ordered one last week...
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 03:43 PM

we bought one for the hemi angie bought a cheep chrome waterneck off ebay for $5 bucks it bolted right on
thought had a pic with the waterneck on but ...least here is a pic of the hemi so far
Posted By: AndyF

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 03:48 PM

Their vendor must have messed up the dimensions on a bunch of housings. I'm sure that if Brandon was told about it he will contact his vendor and get the bolt holes put back in the correct spot. There isn't any good reason for the vendor to drill the holes in the wrong spot. It doesn't save any money or anything, still need to drill and tap two holes.
Posted By: Dr-Dave2

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 05:41 PM

I bought a drivers side outlet WP housing a couple of years ago and the t-stat outlet fit fine.
I am in the process of intalling a 440 in a 66 Coronet as we speak...using a pasenger side outlet
440 source housing this time...guess what...stupid bolt holes are too close on this one Im using a thicker flange t-stat housing, so the hole elongating process is S L O W
Brandon fix your stuff!
Posted By: moper

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 10:04 PM

On etwo years ago, same issue. I havent bought another one.

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/19/09 11:57 PM

It is no big deal to elongate the holes,for the price they charge for the housing.I still think we are very lucky to have a company like 440 Source to keep us Mopar enthusiasts happy and not to mention money happy.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/23/09 04:24 PM

Quote:

It is no big deal to elongate the holes,for the price they charge for the housing.I still think we are very lucky to have a company like 440 Source to keep us Mopar enthusiasts happy and not to mention money happy.

You are the PERFECT customer for any company , buy a sub standard product and be HAPPY about it because you saved money ....

Posted By: therocks

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/23/09 05:37 PM

Most parts need some mods.A few people here couldnt sat anything good about the Sources parts if they gave them to him and gave him cash to boot.I just bought a set of SS spoing hangers from an Americna co MP they were for a 65 B.Guess what they dindt work.One inch too long and the studs were in the wrong place.Guess thats OK.Rocky

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/23/09 07:38 PM

Quote:

Most parts need some mods.A few people here couldnt sat anything good about the Sources parts if they gave them to him and gave him cash to boot.I just bought a set of SS spoing hangers from an Americna co MP they were for a 65 B.Guess what they dindt work.One inch too long and the studs were in the wrong place.Guess thats OK.Rocky

Not it's not OK , send them back , or are you another one that is happy with substandard parts because you believe that most parts need some mods to fit ?

Free parts and get cash to boot , where do I sign up ??

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/23/09 09:18 PM

John go hide in your corner.Have you ever bought anything from them?If not then dont talk about it.I know you have never ever bought an aftermarket part that didnt need something.Oh my I forgot you are the annointed one.Rocky
Posted By: DEMONSIZZLER

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 01:09 AM

Quote:

John go hide in your corner.Have you ever bought anything from them?If not then dont talk about it.I know you have never ever bought an aftermarket part that didnt need something.Oh my I forgot you are the annointed one.Rocky

Well-said Rocky!

I bought a 440 Source late style alum pump housing and the bolt holes are too close; no big deal, still the only one avail, thanks Brandon for an over-all good product, David.

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 01:17 AM

I dont like to get on a mebmers case but this time I do.John slams everything about the Source.Ive never heard him say he bought anything from them.If he did and had all junk then he could run his mouth.He just likes to bash.Im happy with the stuff Ive bought and will buy again.Ps Ive never had any rpoblems with the stuff I got.Rocky
Posted By: HealthServices

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 01:24 AM

He actually said one good thing and almost sounded like he was defending 440 source the other day...

I thought he was on his death bed or something!

here it is...

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=5180930&page=1&vc=1

It was so un-john like as if he was either made to say it or someone was using his id.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 01:26 AM

I bought one a year and a half ago, and it had the same problem. It did'nt take much elongating to get it to fit.
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 01:50 AM

I was going to buy one when I got my heads and oil pan, but the weight savings was only 8 pounds (I think )... And 8 pounds less isn't going to make my tank any faster, so I'll be using the stock one.

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 12:34 PM

Quote:

Yet another only wanting to see the world thru rose colored glASSes ...

I actually don't have a problem with 440source and most of their products , this one though it would be GOING BACK , of course the buyer would have to EAT the shipping . I have 3 MP alum housing , the thermostat housings all fit WITHOUT modifications.

My problem with 440source is the CP that speaks for the company.
Posted By: moper

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 04:43 PM

Ok, so I have bought one, and John has his attitude because he has found similar results. I consider myself to be honest about aftermarket stuff. The fact is, some seaped due to casting issues, and none seem to have the right spacing for the Tstat. This is not a case of "my car is the far end of the specs". This is a case of THEY ARE IN THE WRONG SPOT and they don't care. That bothers me. It should bother more people. But this is what the US market has turned in to. Long as it's cheap, we'll make it work!

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 07:26 PM

Read my earlier post about the great MP American comp.The SS spring hangers are wrong even though they say 65 B body.They are an inch too long on the holes.Then they cant even get the studs drilled in the proper spacing.They have been like that for years and dont care.At least if Source has a problem they try to fix it.Oh and ask John has ever bought anything from them?Oh and lets not forget Eddy with their intakes that the bolt holes dont line up with the heads.Im not talking about a head that has been cut either.I had to open the holes on the last 3 Intakes that I installed from them.Rocky
Posted By: cogen80

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 07:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Not it's not OK , send them back , or are you another one that is happy with substandard parts because you believe that most parts need some mods to fit ?

Free parts and get cash to boot , where do I sign up ??

i have to agree. they need to fix the problem

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 07:36 PM

Quote:

Read my earlier post about the great MP American comp.The SS spring hangers are wrong even though they say 65 B body.They are an inch too long on the holes.Then they cant even get the studs drilled in the proper spacing.They have been like that for years and dont care.At least if Source has a problem they try to fix it.Oh and ask John has heever bought anything from them?Oh and lets not forget Eddy with their intakes that the bolt holes dont line up with the heads.Im not talking about a head that has been cut either.I had to open the holes on the last 3 Intakes that I installed from them.Rocky

We aren't talking about anybody elses parts , All you are making EXCUSES for the product in question that is the topic of this thread, if you accept crap and modify it to fit then you are part of the problem not the solution .
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 08:39 PM

Sorry boys..
A part with casting errors is incorrect. We have known Brandon for many years and yes he does deliver value-priced stroker kits and heads..

If he knows there is a problem the buyer should at least be made aware of that point before purchase. To find out about it after the component arrived is not a good business practice.

Just my $0.025..
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 09:50 PM

you guys buying new parts and thinking its just fine and dandy to have to modify it are nuts! What if the housing gets damaged beyond repair during the process. I suppose youll just buy another and have at it again believing it was your own fault it was damaged.

I guess Ill have to say it and post that I agree with John................for once.

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/24/09 11:12 PM

Dont need to mod the part.Just open the stat housing hole a bit.I guess you guys dont buy many parts.Ive had to mod a ton of parts.But then Im a new kid at it.Just been doing it for 40 years.Rocky

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/25/09 12:26 AM

What is the big deal about modifing a t stat housing,to be able to save a good amount of money?
I bought this housing and wpump for $100,and as far as I care,if that is all I have to do to make it work it is worth it!Should it have worked perfectly (sure),but it is a lot easier to modify it than retun it.If you own a MOPAR, you most of the time have to pay through the nose for most parts!!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/25/09 02:14 AM

I'll bet most of you car guys pay to have your car greased and the oil changed too.

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/25/09 11:09 PM

Posted By: dOoC

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/25/09 11:23 PM

How about this "spin" ? .. that 440S inform each potential customer of this situation and they include the properly modified TS housing with each WP housing.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: 440 source wp housing - 04/26/09 01:51 AM

I wish I was informed by them when I bought mine that there may be an issue.
They were honest about the windage tray when I bought it though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums