Moparts

is there a 5.9 intake that lets you keep the stock stuff?

Posted By: Andrewh

is there a 5.9 intake that lets you keep the stock stuff? - 01/05/23 01:48 AM

I remember reading that a lot of the carb 5.9 mag intakes caused issues with the factory accessories.
is there one now that works? or what kind of cutting needs to happen?
is there an inexpensive efi one? or is the 800 dollar Hughes the only choice if you want to use stock stuff and keep it efi?
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: is there a 5.9 intake that lets you keep the stock stuff? - 01/05/23 02:23 AM

The only currently available Magnum intakes that will fit with stock accessories is the Edelbrock Magnum Air Gap and the Hughes Air Gap based EFI intake.

Re: is there a 5.9 intake that lets you keep the stock stuff? - 01/05/23 11:13 AM

Thanks, was afraid of that.
500 dollar intake, that I would have to add injectors to, or an 800 dollar intake with it already done.
lol.
Posted By: kennygene

Re: is there a 5.9 intake that lets you keep the stock stuff? - 01/05/23 01:23 PM

Go for the hughes intake. I bought a carbureted/undrilled M1 with the bungs long ago and couldn't find any shop that would drill it.

Re: is there a 5.9 intake that lets you keep the stock stuff? - 01/05/23 01:55 PM

Thanks, I did find a few shops that would do it, the more well reviewed ones, were asking 900 for that alone.
so it wasn't really cost effective either.
© 2024 Moparts Forums