Moparts

SPEAKER REPAIR

Posted By: superbird

SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/12/22 02:02 PM

Can anyone make a suggestion on where to get my factory speaker redone?
Seems Jackson speaker service phone is no longer in service
Posted By: TJP

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/12/22 05:10 PM

Might check in Hemmings under services offered shruggy beer
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/12/22 05:42 PM

I used to use Jackson speaker as well. I now send my stuff to Utah Speaker Reconing:

Utah Reconing

Phone
801-419-3099
redmatt2@juno.com

Address
Utah 84084
United States

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/12/22 07:59 PM

Thanks . I will give them a shot.

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/12/22 08:07 PM

Matt sound like a great vendor !
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/13/22 12:48 AM

Superbird - REPLACE it with something new & better quality. Use a 4 ohm for a car radio. Check out the speakers from these guys - you'll need a COAXIAL speaker. They come in many sizes: www.parts-express.com
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/17/22 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Superbird - REPLACE it with something new & better quality. Use a 4 ohm for a car radio. Check out the speakers from these guys - you'll need a COAXIAL speaker. They come in many sizes: www.parts-express.com

Sunroof… that site looks pretty good. Can you tell us what speakers you used? I have the 3 speaker dash in the e body so I am looking for a modern sound setup that will fit. In the back, 6 x 9 should be easy to select. I want to upgrade to a 4 channel system.
Posted By: RealWing

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/17/22 09:28 PM

I've used these companies before
http://www.woodradios.com/speakers_1.htm
http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm

Jim
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/18/22 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by roadrunninMark

Sunroof… that site looks pretty good. Can you tell us what speakers you used? I have the 3 speaker dash in the e body so I am looking for a modern sound setup that will fit. In the back, 6 x 9 should be easy to select. I want to upgrade to a 4 channel system.

Any decent power speaker for the outer's will have a larger dia. magnet.
Factory used those narrow magnets.
Therefore you have to enlarge opening in the metal dash frame to accommodate.
Used some nice sparkomatic's on my 73-E & needed to modify metal below, but fit the grilles nice.
Center spot I just left old in not connected, not really needed with a 4 speaker setup..
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/18/22 12:49 AM

RRMark, I'll look into this more for you. The rears (6x9) will be easy to select, but the fronts will be more tricky with their profile. PLUS, you want all the speakers to be full-range (co-axial). Anyway, I'll look. Parts Express used to have a much more comprehensive lineup - and they used to have a couple pages that showed speaker listings along with dimensions & bolt patterns. I'll look in one of their older printed catalogs that had all this.
Posted By: moparx

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/18/22 05:20 PM

crutchfeild used to be the go to car audio place for upgrades, but i don't know if they are still in business or not.
beer
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/18/22 09:07 PM

That is a job you can do your self. On on Youtube and look for speaker re coning, there are companies that sell kits for that.

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/19/22 12:56 AM

I would give that a shot if there is a next time
Thanks
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 12/19/22 06:34 PM

RRMark, I'll look into this more for you. The rears (6x9) will be easy to select, but the fronts will be more tricky with their profile. PLUS, you want all the speakers to be full-range (co-axial). Anyway, I'll look. Parts Express used to have a much more comprehensive lineup - and they used to have a couple pages that showed speaker listings along with dimensions & bolt patterns. I'll look in one of their older printed catalogs that had all this.

Thank you!! You can send a PM if you want also, don't want to highjack thread.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 03/20/24 08:11 PM

I am hearing that Jackson Speaker Service is actually in business. Seems he dropped his land line a few years ago and did not publish the cell # for contact.

Address: 3921 Pine Crest Ct, Jackson, MI 49203
Phone: (517) 740-0092

Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: SPEAKER REPAIR - 03/20/24 08:49 PM

Crutchfield is still around. They would be worth a call.... always helpful when I had questions regarding car audio

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-dcx0mS8f5OZ/
© 2024 Moparts Forums