Moparts

Trim Ring Question

Posted By: VitaminCRunner

Trim Ring Question - 09/23/22 01:25 PM

Trying to get my runner back on the road and need some help on trim rings on repro wheel vintique 15x7 rally wheels. The photos below show the two I but dont like either. The wheel vintique polished versions seem to reflect the holes in the wheels and look too new. The stock ones I have dont go all the way into the rim but i like the way they look much better. I assume because mopar made 6.5" wheels that these are too thin. Do they make 3" in this style. Any help or thoughts appreciated.

Attached picture Wheel Vintique Trim.jpg
Attached picture mopar trim ring.jpg
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Trim Ring Question - 09/23/22 07:19 PM

Mopar made 3" deep trim rings for the 70-72 style 15x7 rims.They made polished and brushed versions....keep an eye open for them. However, be prepared for sticker shock. Damaged cores bring $150+ each. Restored set of 4 = $2000 or More. NOS set of 4 $4000+
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Trim Ring Question - 09/23/22 09:31 PM

Take the polished ones and brush them to your desired texture.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Trim Ring Question - 09/24/22 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by 71birdJ68

up easily done with the rear end on jackstands, a bare wheel mounted to the axle with trim ring installed. Tthe motor idling in gear and a ultra fine scothbrite pad. Too dull, polish a bit using same method. beer
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: Trim Ring Question - 09/24/22 02:18 AM

…the reason I run my brushed 15x7 wheel vintiques trim rings on my 390’s for driving and save my mint brushed OE 15x7’s
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: Trim Ring Question - 09/24/22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by 71birdJ68

up easily done with the rear end on jackstands, a bare wheel mounted to the axle with trim ring installed. Tthe motor idling in gear and a ultra fine scothbrite pad. Too dull, polish a bit using same method. beer

this works, i'd spray a little wd40 on the ring first, for lube.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Trim Ring Question - 10/04/22 08:02 PM

and keep your fingers out of the valve stem hole............ biggrin whistling panic laugh2
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums