Moparts

Turtle Wax Ice any good?

Posted By: mopars4ever

Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 06:07 PM

Has anyone use Turtle Wax Ice? I was wondering if it is as good as advertised. Mike
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 06:18 PM

I have not personally used it(I'm lucky if I wash my stuff ) but there was a thread way on this & several posters swore by "ice". It stuck in my head because they were so adamant about it.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 06:36 PM

Ice,.....is good for a daily driver that you want to look good,....for showcar use, there's better
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 07:00 PM

Quote:

Ice,.....is good for a daily driver that you want to look good,....for showcar use, there's better

It also does not protect the paint as well as a thick coat of Carnuba wax.
Posted By: 71 FJ6 Charger

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 07:09 PM

Basically all the same,technically they all suck. So,you will pretty much get the same results with all. Some will be better at some things than others as far as putting on and off,easier/harder,and some may last longer.
Is it a fresh paint job(atleast 6 months old),or is it an older maintained finish? There are systems out there that do so well you dont need the old fashioned wax.No swirls,nothing.But thats another story.
But as far as the one you mentioned,it may be just more money,doing the same thing as something else made by them.
As far as regular wax,they all come off the finish once the surface temp. becomes 180degrees,either by evaporating or flying off going down the road.
Posted By: 472 R/T SE

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 08:43 PM

I've heard of lots of folks who like the Ice.

Personally I used to be a Zainos product endorser until I tried Adam's. It takes the Zaino quick detailer off when it wouldn't come off. Their micro fiber towels are the schiznit. I used to think he/Adam's was just a local boy trying to get in on a piece of the action until I tried his products.

But you know what they say about opinions.
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 10:10 PM

I use Ice on my SRT-4. Love it! Don't have to worry about getting it on the black trim and I can do the whole car in 1 hour and it shines like glass.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 10:15 PM

I am using Wolfgang synthetic polymer now--very nice. Its not a wax.
As far as was I like Super Shops liquid glaze (its not a true 'glaze' but just liquid carnauba that goes on and off effortlessly.
Both of these will NOT leave a white halo around stripes!
Posted By: minivan

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 10:34 PM

Quote:

I've heard of lots of folks who like the Ice.

Personally I used to be a Zainos product endorser until I tried Adam's. It takes the Zaino quick detailer off when it wouldn't come off. Their micro fiber towels are the schiznit. I used to think he/Adam's was just a local boy trying to get in on a piece of the action until I tried his products.

But you know what they say about opinions.

I will second the Adams recommendation. The anal to the max friend of mine uses Adams on his black and red vehicles.. amazing shine..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/12/09 11:01 PM

I tried it once and threw it in the trash,it leaves a film on the paint that feels oily nothing but Mothers or Meguires products here
Posted By: 71charger

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/13/09 04:08 AM

Should have tried it twice. After the first application, things weren't looking so good. After the second, things look great. I like it for Egypt because it's quick. There's so much dust in the air that, by the time you could wax your hood, the rest of the vehicle needs to be cleaned off again before you can wax it. Plus, with the Liberty, I can use it on the plastic flares too.
Posted By: sthemi

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/13/09 04:17 AM

I used it on an old car (1985) with dull paint trying to get some gloss up and wow was it BAD.
Left the paint with a white film that would not come off. The white film came up after being rained on a few times.. It looked OK when I first put it on..

I would avoid it completely..
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/15/09 10:30 PM

SOmeone I know used to like the stuff. I use normal turtle wax.
Posted By: 74Scamp

Re: Turtle Wax Ice any good? - 04/15/09 10:49 PM

Quote:

I tried it once and threw it in the trash,it leaves a film on the paint that feels oily nothing but Mothers or Meguires products here

don't like it at all. Mother's or McQuires for me.
© 2024 Moparts Forums