Moparts

Steering wheel - horn ring.

Posted By: MASSMOPAR

Steering wheel - horn ring. - 02/25/22 01:57 PM

Could this wheel/horn ring be ordered for a 1968 Charger - if not what years and models?

Attached picture charger wheel.JPG
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: Steering wheel - horn ring. - 02/25/22 02:17 PM

Year One list them on their web site. Very costly. Sorry I didn't check on the horn rim.
Posted By: Bennoel 10

Re: Steering wheel - horn ring. - 02/25/22 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by MASSMOPAR
Could this wheel/horn ring be ordered for a 1968 Charger - if not what years and models?

Yes the wheel could have been on a 68 B body, the horn ring is correct also but the center button is for 67 iirc
Looks in good condition as far as I can see plus easy and cheap fix to correct for you're application
Posted By: topside

Re: Steering wheel - horn ring. - 02/25/22 03:44 PM

Looks right in the photo - standard Charger steering wheel & horn ring - not sure on the horn button.
Horn rings at some point - think it was '68 & up - weren't as shiny as earlier cars, due to a Fed regulation.
Posted By: MASSMOPAR

Re: Steering wheel - horn ring. - 02/25/22 04:55 PM

I restored this pictured charger in 2007 - the long time owner that I purchased that car from said the car was all original rusty - needed total restore 'for what that's worth'.
I have found discussions on here... https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1968-charger-steering-wheels.169121/
that if car was an early 1968 build then it is possible the factory used that horn ring from 1967.

Any truth to that?

The attached picture was restored 2007 and had that horn ring.

Attached picture charger68 interior.jpg
Posted By: GMP440

Re: Steering wheel - horn ring. - 02/27/22 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by MASSMOPAR
I restored this pictured charger in 2007 - the long time owner that I purchased that car from said the car was all original rusty - needed total restore 'for what that's worth'.
I have found discussions on here... https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1968-charger-steering-wheels.169121/
that if car was an early 1968 build then it is possible the factory used that horn ring from 1967.

Any truth to that?

The attached picture was restored 2007 and had that horn ring.

Yes, there is truth to that. The early 68 B-body cars had quite a few 67 parts other than the steering wheel horn rings.
© 2024 Moparts Forums