Moparts

aluminum heads

Posted By: ohiodemon

aluminum heads - 12/25/21 05:23 PM

has anyone done a back to back dyno test of edelbrock heads vs. trickflow heads?
i like the looks of the T F heads.
this would be the smallblock heads.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: aluminum heads - 12/25/21 06:16 PM

On a big block the TF heads are worth a nice chunk of power over Edelbrock heads. I've only tested one set of SB heads and the results were not great. Others have had better luck.
Posted By: volaredon

Re: aluminum heads - 12/25/21 06:39 PM

can I tack something on here? I have a couple of Magnum 360s here sitting on the floor (mag 318s too, those are in pieces) and I have 1 known good original head and 2 "maybe's" that haven't yet been thru the machine shop.
Many guys here want straight line acceleration performance, but I am looking at a different purpose... hauling and towing. Would aluminum heads be an a advantage here? or would I be better with cleaned up, ported iron heads?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: aluminum heads - 12/25/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by volaredon
can I tack something on here? I have a couple of Magnum 360s here sitting on the floor (mag 318s too, those are in pieces) and I have 1 known good original head and 2 "maybe's" that haven't yet been thru the machine shop.
Many guys here want straight line acceleration performance, but I am looking at a different purpose... hauling and towing. Would aluminum heads be an a advantage here? or would I be better with cleaned up, ported iron heads?

Talk to Brian at IMM. He'll probably steer you towards some new iron heads.
Posted By: ohiodemon

Re: aluminum heads - 12/25/21 08:33 PM

u do the edelbrocks?
i know the trickflows are a better design.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: aluminum heads - 12/26/21 01:36 PM

If you are going to run a smallish cam (.550 or under) you won’t really notice a difference in TrickFlow, Edelbrock, speedmaster type of heads.
© 2024 Moparts Forums