Moparts

Denso Alternator terminals

Posted By: TJP

Denso Alternator terminals - 12/07/21 01:22 AM

Doing an upgrade to a Denso alternator that requires the pictured plug for the V regulator. I have the plug but it's the pigtail version requiring butt splice and go which I HATE flame
What should be fairly simple has consumed quite a but of time trying to find the required terminals so I can wire it in without butt splicing. Someone has to know the correct terminal and hopefully a source.
In addition any confirmation on dismantling the connector to get the terminals out would also be helpful. I THINK I have that part under control BUT confirmation would be nice
Any help is greatly appreciated wink

Attached picture senso pigtail.jpg
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/07/21 03:04 AM

Looks like a Metripack connector to me but you'll have to take it apart to know for sure.
Posted By: SALEM1912

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/07/21 04:22 AM

With a sm pick remove the while plastic and you should see a little tab to push down and remove wire.

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/07/21 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
Looks like a Metripack connector to me but you'll have to take it apart to know for sure.

That would be nice as I have those on hand smile I'll get it apart and be back with a pic if they are not wink beer

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/08/21 02:03 AM

The metri=packs i have are the smaller 150 series frown So I'm thinking maybe I need the 280 series ? here's a couple of pic's if anyone can confirm. The retainer flag appears a bit different ? I hate this as it is very frustrating trying to find what should be simple ARRRGGGGHHHH

Attached picture DSC02961.JPG
Attached picture DSC02962.JPG
Attached picture DSC02965.JPG
Attached picture DSC02967.JPG
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/08/21 02:47 AM

I always strip the harnesses off of the junk yard engines we get at work. I could probably get you the Denso connector with about 3 feet of wire attached to it shruggy

Gus beer
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/08/21 02:48 AM

I would try mouser or digikey to find that. NEIA fastener has a book full of that stuff with pics that is local. One of the diesel boards had a part number as they did bosch to nippon swaps and dual alternator swaps.

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/08/21 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
I always strip the harnesses off of the junk yard engines we get at work. I could probably get you the Denso connector with about 3 feet of wire attached to it shruggy

Gus beer

thank you very much for the offer Bu I am hell bent on finding the correct terminal as I am a bi anal about how I do things. And sometimes it becomes a challenge eyes beer

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/08/21 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by 4406bbl
I would try mouser or digikey to find that. NEIA fastener has a book full of that stuff with pics that is local. One of the diesel boards had a part number as they did bosch to nippon swaps and dual alternator swaps.

Thank you as well and that is where I'm headed, I have the dimensions so hopefully that confirm or deny what i need wink
Posted By: moparx

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/08/21 03:54 PM

you don't want anything like this ? biggrin
beer

Attached picture paul kepple school of wiring 1.jpg
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/08/21 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
I have the plug but it's the pigtail version requiring butt splice and go which I HATE flame

I agree, the typical insulated butt connectors are butt ugly so I've started using the non-insulated type covered with shrink wrap; not as ugly.

Attached picture Butt Connectors.jpg
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/08/21 05:52 PM

Solder, heat shrink with sealer, harness tape and/or plastic conduit. Works for me, but I'm a function over form kind of guy.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/08/21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Solder, heat shrink with sealer, harness tape and/or plastic conduit. Works for me, but I'm a function over form kind of guy.

Me too.

Napa has a book of terminals and may have what you need or at least a way to look it up.

On a side note and the way I do it.

You have the terminal out. I have used pics and small screwdrivers to open terminals and remove the wire. I then reshape the terminal enough to get a crimp but solder it anyway.

Works like a charm with a little effort.

twocents

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/09/21 01:55 AM

thanks to all that replied. I finally found a source. Even the Toyota dealer didn't have them just a pigtail realcrazy With as common as the denso Alternators are I would've thought the terminals would be easily available. They have used a few different connectors over the years but these are pretty common yet harder than h-ll to find. If anyone else happens to be looking for them this place had them and a whole lot of others as well.
TERMINALS AND CONNECTORS LINKY

beer

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/09/21 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by IMGTX
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones

Me too.

Napa has a book of terminals and may have what you need or at least a way to look it up.

On a side note and the way I do it.

You have the terminal out. I have used pics and small screwdrivers to open terminals and remove the wire. I then reshape the terminal enough to get a crimp but solder it anyway.

Works like a charm with a little effort.

twocents

I have done that as well but these little xOB's are pretty fragile appearing, but that would've been a last resort wink

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/09/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by moparx
you don't want anything like this ? biggrin
beer

I've seen to many like that in the last 20 + years whistling

Attached picture 2017-03-09 2017-03-28 001 019.JPG
Attached picture DSC05851.JPG
Attached picture DSC06177.JPG
Attached picture 4-3-11 025.JPG

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/09/21 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Originally Posted by TJP
I have the plug but it's the pigtail version requiring butt splice and go which I HATE flame

I agree, the typical insulated butt connectors are butt ugly so I've started using the non-insulated type covered with shrink wrap; not as ugly.

When necessary I do the same using the sealing type shrink tube wink
Posted By: dvw

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/09/21 11:49 AM

We had those terminals by the roll at FCA. The connector hard shell may have a number stamped into it. That can be used to look up the proper terminal. We used U shaped splice clips.

https://www.newark.com/amp-te-connectivity/485043-1/terminal-open-barrel-splice-crimp/dp/33B9065?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuMCv_dLW9AIVQfbjBx1PSQvsEAQYAiABEgLKPPD_BwE&mckv=s95bbt2s8_dc|pcrid|434136793404|plid||kword||match||slid||product|33B9065|pgrid|100464450466|ptaid|pla-985509465520|&CMP=KNC-GUSA-GEN-Shopping-NewStructure-Connectors

When used with this style w crimp tool the crimp is no bigger than the wire itself.

https://www.amazon.com/Qibaok-Ratcheting-0-5-1-5mm%C2%B2-Connectors-Terminals/dp/B07RZSSTSJ/ref=asc_df_B07RZSSTSJ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366281307321&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10762719042515110981&hvpone

Doug
Posted By: moparx

Re: Denso Alternator terminals - 12/09/21 04:32 PM

https://www.newark.com/amp-te-connectivity/485043-1/terminal-open-barrel-splice-crimp/dp/33B9065?

those look like they would work good. thanks Doug. up
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums