Moparts

Broken throttle cable

Posted By: Sledge_57

Broken throttle cable - 10/13/21 03:22 AM

My cable broke today (ball at pedal) and has always seemed a bit short.

With a M1 intake and Andy F's bracket I was just able to get it to reach with a bit of slack at the carb but between the bracket and firewall it's pulled as tight as it'll go.

So my question is what cable to replace it with? Is there a Mopar, longer than stock cable that'll work on a 67 B body, or should I just use aftermarket?
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/13/21 04:07 AM

I’m thinking Lokar makes one that will fit properly.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/13/21 04:20 AM

The /6 cables were the longest so you can try one of those. First step is to measure your old cable and then take a look at what is available for reproduction cables. Mancini Racing has a bunch of throttle cables for sale.
Posted By: Sledge_57

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/13/21 04:26 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/13/21 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF
The /6 cables were the longest so you can try one of those. First step is to measure your old cable and then take a look at what is available for reproduction cables. Mancini Racing has a bunch of throttle cables for sale.

Link.
https://www.manciniracing.com/hemthrotcab.html
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/13/21 06:39 PM

Just because it happened to me and it could have been bad. I just replaced mine with the small block repo cable. The issue I had was the bell on the carb end when at full throttle slides over the necked down area where the cable exits the sheathing. The bracket was holding the cable very slightly off plane. So that when it went to full throttle the sideways pressure on the bell held it there. Even with two return springs. I cut off the bell mouth. Just double check that it won’t bind!
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/18/21 02:18 PM

I replaced mine on my Duster with a Mancini Racing cable. twocents
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/18/21 06:35 PM

Maybe check out that one.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pio-ca-8418
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/25/21 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY

That is my "go-to" along with the AR Engineering bracketry for correct alignment.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/29/21 06:54 PM

Broken cables are usually from the carburetor getting to full throttle before the pedal reaches the floor.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/29/21 11:04 PM

What motor came in the car originally?
I've had throttle pedal issues in the past when swapping motors from a SB 2 barrel motor or even a B motor two barrel motor to a four barrel carb and intake.
The six cylinder cars are a snap to reuse their throttle cables on almost any V8 without a six pack intake on them up
The six pack cables need to be a lot shorter than the stock six cylinder throttle cables shruggy
their are two different types pf stock throttle cables, probably early and later confused
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Broken throttle cable - 10/30/21 12:47 AM

I still have my original slant cable and it works perfect beer

Gus beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums