Moparts

Question about A-body hood scoop studs

Posted By: 6PAX

Question about A-body hood scoop studs - 05/26/21 02:37 PM

Did the A-body hood scoop studs use a gasket-like washer to seal around the holes in the hood on the underside of the hood or did they just have that black tar-like stuff inside the flanged speed nuts? Also, on the topside, anything between the scoop and the hood?
Posted By: Neil

Re: Question about A-body hood scoop studs - 05/26/21 03:21 PM

I bought a set of used original scoops years ago and don't recall seeing any sealer or rubber washers on the hardware.
Posted By: moparwizard

Re: Question about A-body hood scoop studs - 05/27/21 08:01 PM

They used a thin black gasket on the stud between the hood and scoop, You can see what's left of it if you blow up the picture.

Attached picture IMG_4388.jpg
Posted By: Neil

Re: Question about A-body hood scoop studs - 05/27/21 10:18 PM

Interesting. I bought my set from a parts vendor and mine were missing those gaskets. They, or someone before them, must have removed them.
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: Question about A-body hood scoop studs - 05/28/21 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by moparwizard

They used a thin black gasket on the stud between the hood and scoop, You can see what's left of it if you blow up the picture.

Thanks for the help. Do you know if there was anything used between the hood and flange nuts on the underside of the hood as well?
Posted By: moparwizard

Re: Question about A-body hood scoop studs - 05/29/21 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by 6PAX
Originally Posted by moparwizard

Thanks for the help. Do you know if there was anything used between the hood and flange nuts on the underside of the hood as well?

Sorry ,I don't remember and cant seem to find the pictures I had taken.
© 2024 Moparts Forums