Moparts

91 Acclaim, wiper motor problems...

Posted By: AdventurerSport

91 Acclaim, wiper motor problems... - 06/11/08 12:23 AM

I'm stumped on this one guys, what do you think?

Wipers quit working, ok, fine. Test the motor, bad. Replace with NEW unit from NAPA. Worked for 2 days, now, not. So, I think I just got a bad one, fine, swapped it out for a warranty unit, it worked for all of 45 seconds and quit, now won't go. Power is at the plug, power goes on and off with the switch, as it should. ??

Am I just doing something wrong, or did I get 2 bad motors in the same week? Is there a relay or something screwing me up that I'm not seeing? Again, plug is hot with the test light. Comes on and off as it should...motor is not in a bind, just doesn't go.

Any ideas? Thanks!

JS
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: 91 Acclaim, wiper motor problems... - 06/11/08 01:08 AM

You are losing the ground. Run an auxillary small 16 ga ground from the armature field to the body. Reason it worked is because you wiggled the ground.

Re: 91 Acclaim, wiper motor problems... - 06/11/08 01:09 AM

I was thinking about that...:)

Thanks N, I'll try that and let ya know

JS

Re: 91 Acclaim, wiper motor problems... - 06/12/08 11:11 PM

Tried to ground it, no luck...has plenty of ground, even bypassing the plug altogether and grounding it to the battery...:)

As best I can tell, I just got another bad motor...my luck...

Thanks

JS
Posted By: njmopar

Re: 91 Acclaim, wiper motor problems... - 06/13/08 01:26 AM

On my old Dak, I tried 2 reman units and gave up. One lasted a month (in a bad rain storm), the other about 10 minutes. Got a new one from Mopar and worked perfect from then on. You get what you pay for.
Posted By: cuda70

Re: 91 Acclaim, wiper motor problems... - 06/13/08 01:45 AM

does it have a delay or 2 speed sometimes the delay goes bad.

Re: 91 Acclaim, wiper motor problems... - 06/13/08 02:39 AM

Quote:

On my old Dak, I tried 2 reman units and gave up. One lasted a month (in a bad rain storm), the other about 10 minutes. Got a new one from Mopar and worked perfect from then on. You get what you pay for.

Oh, I agree..but these are NEW units from NAPA...not cheap junk by any means, not even the "economy" line from NAPA..?

Thanks for the reply!

JS
© 2024 Moparts Forums