Moparts

ID these headers

Posted By: 500ciBee

ID these headers - 04/14/21 10:41 PM

These were on the car when I bought it. There's no tag or stamped name on the them. They have an od of 2". They fit great in the car and sealed up well on the head. I plan to clean them up, weld the tubes that aren't welded and Cerakote it. Just wondering what brand they are.

Attached picture Header.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: ID these headers - 04/15/21 12:47 AM

They look like Hooker Super Comp to me... scope

Re: ID these headers - 04/15/21 01:34 PM

Thanks! These are probably at least 20 years old. I can't find anything similar out there now to compare.
Posted By: Mebsuta

Re: ID these headers - 04/17/21 01:37 AM

I think Cyclone headers had the separate flange for the ports, like those in the picture, instead of one continuous flange. Maybe Blackjack was like that too. Been too long since i have seen either of those. I think Cyclone and Blackjack were 1 3/4 though.
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: ID these headers - 04/17/21 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mebsuta
I think Cyclone headers had the separate flange for the ports, like those in the picture, instead of one continuous flange. Maybe Blackjack was like that too. Been too long since i have seen either of those. I think Cyclone and Blackjack were 1 3/4 though.

Yes....Blackjacks were also like that with the slip collector plate. I had 2” blackjack alumacoat headers on my charger when i got it 34 years ago. But don’t have any good pics of them. So i don’t remember if those could be blackjacks. But, i don’t remember having that slip connector bolt plate (not sure of name....hahaha).

Re: ID these headers - 04/18/21 02:10 PM

They sure do look like Blackjacks. I haven't heard of those before. I put a set of Hooker Comp headers on but they don't seal up as well. I'll clean them up and weld in an 02 bung.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: ID these headers - 04/18/21 03:55 PM

They have the same tab on collector as a set of fenderwell headers I got in late 90's from a company called "Tubular" auto.[
© 2024 Moparts Forums