Moparts

Shipping a Dana 60

Posted By: fastmark

Shipping a Dana 60 - 12/27/20 01:01 PM

I may have my 72 b body Dana 60 sold. Now the shipping. It is still in the crate that it was shipped in from DoctorDiff years ago. I had to guess at the size for a basic quote from Fastenal and they said it was too big to ship. I’ll measure it better and try again. Anyone ever shipped a Dana before with Fastenal? I may have to try a regular freight company. What should I expect to pay for shipping?
Posted By: FC7cuda

Re: Shipping a Dana 60 - 12/27/20 02:43 PM

Freight charges are dependent on where it’s going, etc. I use freight companies and ship from work using our discounts. It would help immensely if you buyer could pick up a freight dock of carrier. If it’s a commercial business with a dock, then delivery there would be fine. Also, try to use a carrier that has a terminal in both your and buyers location, that way there’s no interlining..

Good luck.
Posted By: hemienvy

Re: Shipping a Dana 60 - 12/27/20 04:02 PM

I have used ForwardAir. They are quite reasonable but they don't deliver,
you have to take it to their depot, and the crate has to be picked from their depot
at the other end.
Posted By: 410mopar

Re: Shipping a Dana 60 - 12/27/20 06:17 PM

Fastenall, the only way to go. I use them all the time. Very reasonable. Just strap it on a pallet and take to the store. The buyer has to pick it up at a store close to his location. You can build a pallet real easy with wood home from Home Depot. I go online and get the shipping quote. Then go down to the store. The guy comes out with the forklift, unloads my pallet. I pay. quick & easy.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Shipping a Dana 60 - 12/27/20 06:34 PM

Yellow Freight
© 2024 Moparts Forums