Moparts

Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs?

Posted By: Streetwize

Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 03/30/09 09:28 PM

Anybody got a copy of the dyno sheet from that?

Thanks!!

Bobby/Wize
Posted By: patrick

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long hea - 03/31/09 12:46 AM

if you search mopar muscle's website, it was on there...
Posted By: 73cuda340

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long hea - 04/01/09 12:20 AM

Does anybody have the link? I can't find it.
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long hea - 04/01/09 04:43 AM

Don't think it's a good test/representation except for really lo-po applications.

Here's a link, hope it works.
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techa...aust/index.html
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long hea - 04/01/09 07:46 AM

saw that, couldn't believe those 340 hp exhaust manifolds are only 1 hp gain. May as well buy some headers for the price people ask for those pieces. Still, good article and enjoyed the read. Steve does love his mopars!
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long hea - 04/01/09 12:12 PM

What do the nay sayers have to say abou tti now?
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long hea - 04/01/09 12:53 PM

Quote:

The $$ per HP gained is alot, that's what I say

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long hea - 04/01/09 05:36 PM

Quote:

Run that test on a 600hp SB and see what happens! It isn't and wasn't pretty for tti in that case for the engines I've seen and worked on.

Every header has it's place in the engine world.

$ per hp on the tti, not so good! The cheapy summits are right at $100.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 06:09 PM

What i've found from talking to guys at the track and other events is,they're are guys that have tti's and those that wish they had them

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 06:18 PM

Quote:

What i've found from talking to guys at the track and other events is,they're are guys that have tti's and those that wish they had them

That's a great joke.

But, don't quit your day job!
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 07:10 PM

Not only will the TTI make great power on a average 400-500hp motor they also last along time and don't rub on the ground and they also have nice thick flanges that seal realy well really long. I have a set on my car after several of the cheapy sets.

BTW I don't buy that the 340 manifolds would even make much power on a bad street motor over the smaller manifolds, after extrude honeing them a bunch they only pick up a couple hp so I don't think ex flow matters much, the main power gains in the ex are going to come from the tuneing effects of the headers.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 07:26 PM

Quote:

saw that, couldn't believe those 340 hp exhaust manifolds are only 1 hp gain. May as well buy some headers for the price people ask for those pieces.

The main reason I run the 340hp manifolds on my car is because they are original Headers are obviously going to offer more HP, personally I'll give up any HP gain headers offer for the quiet sound of manifolds and a 100% original style full exhaust system. Stock exhaust also helps keep engine bay and interior temps down. It just depends on what your personal priorities are
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 07:39 PM

i ran a set of tti's on a 68 dart 340 ,and the fitment was perfect,and they replace some headman junk.but the engine was a 350-400 hp,so the perf. wasnt an issue.worth the price vs anything elase imho.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 08:28 PM

I bought TTI's just because of the ground clearance they provide. If they fit then that justifies the extra $$$ for me, even if the cheaper headers produce very similiar numbers on the dyno.

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 08:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That's a great joke.

Joke,thats a fact...ask anyone who owns them,and they did an excellent job on my 520h.p. smallblock
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 09:13 PM

I think TTIs are great and would like to have a set but at $700 plus it wont happen. Mopar smallblocks are where the TTIs really shine because the tubes dont run low. Why couldnt Hedman have designed that smallblock shorty to fit in A bodies?- Like that crminal Harold and his Spitfire headers?

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 09:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's a great joke.

Joke,thats a fact...ask anyone who owns them,and they did an excellent job on my 520h.p. smallblock

A fact in your mind only.

I own them and they are nice, but not right or anywhere close to the best for some of the engines I've had. So your statement on it's face is absolutely incorrect saying racer that didn't, wish they had them. I know people that wouldn't run tti headers if they were given to them because they are flat wrong for the intended use.

I'd run dougs before running tti headers because they fit the same, great quality and up to $200+ less expensive. That's an alternative that people tend to forget. Have both dougs and tti, dougs from now on in my SB a bodies.

must be sam's persnal assistant or something.

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/01/09 10:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's a great joke.

A fact in your mind only.

I own them and they are nice, but not right or anywhere close to the best for some of the engines I've had. So your statement on it's face is absolutely incorrect saying racer that didn't, wish they had them. I know people that wouldn't run tti headers if they were given to them because they are flat wrong for the intended use.

I'd run dougs before running tti headers because they fit the same, great quality and up to $200+ less expensive. That's an alternative that people tend to forget. Have both dougs and tti, dougs from now on in my SB a bodies.

must be sam's persnal assistant or something.

Geez,you sound just like that guy Crackedback over on F.A.B.O....
Posted By: UCUDANT

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 02:21 AM

Are the TTi's tubes equal length? A bud who run's a W-2 E body said "I wouldn't run that junk" about the TTi's". I'm not sure what he meant
I have a Cuda and all my W-2 stuff waiting. I have a set of Headman Hustlers and thought about the TTi's since the design would better suit my street car needs, no adapter, no double gaskets etc and no slip tubes leaking. Still not sure if I will or not. I know there is a difference of opinions and I would like to see factual data to support why "to run" or "not to run" the TTi's?

Attached picture 5136176-100_0079.jpg

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 12:20 PM

TTI's are not equal length. but on the flip side, they aren't total junk either Don, (B3422W5) on the race board went 10.70's in a 3400 lb all steel duster running a 416 with ported eddie heads, flat tappet solid, and TTI steps....

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 12:48 PM

tti's are far from being junk,i've run them on 2 of my small block dusters with great results,slip tube leaking NEVER,as far as them performing as already stated,one member running 10's and i run 11.0's with them so much for hurting performance,i think some people just have a problem with spending good money on quality parts,with tti's you certainly get what you pay for..
Posted By: sharpie

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 02:36 PM

Quote:

tti's are far from being junk,i've run them on 2 of my small block dusters with great results,slip tube leaking NEVER,as far as them performing as already stated,one member running 10's and i run 11.0's with them so much for hurting performance,i think some people just have a problem with spending good money on quality parts,with tti's you certainly get what you pay for..

you work for TTI or something? Something about your posts in this thread screams "I'm offended that you all think there's a better solution than TTI".

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 02:37 PM

if you want equal length, non-steering linkage pass through headers, look at the hooker super comps, I think they're 1 3/4" to boot, but they aren't really any cheaper than TTI's--pricecheck, $440 painted, $750(!) coated from summitracing.
Posted By: Dart 340

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 02:43 PM

Aren't Dougs a great clearance equal length
full length header also. I memory serves me
right a lot of A body guys run those.

I have full length hooker comps on mine, but
I guess you cant call them equal length any more
as all the speed bumps and ants in the road have
them pretty mashed up....

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 03:41 PM

the TTI's are a very close copy of the doug's D453's AFAIK...

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 07:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

you work for TTI or something? Something about your posts in this thread screams "I'm offended that you all think there's a better solution than TTI".

What if i do..

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 07:28 PM

Quote:

the TTI's are a very close copy of the doug's D453's AFAIK...

Another winning statement there. They were the baseline for the tti headers.

drools likes to make ignorant, baseless statements that are unfounded in any type of scientific testing. He's never done any dyno testing, nor owned anything other than tti and possibly the crappy hooker comp style headers.

Same shyat, different board.
Posted By: sharpie

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 08:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What if i do..

I think your posts would make more sense if you did. TTI headers aren't straight from Jesus' holy hands, and you seem to think otherwise, citing other reports of failures as improper use or application

I have heard of a couple cases where their ceramic coating burned off after just a year, and they weren't used in the initial startup of the engine. I have heard where they just won't fit sometimes, I have heard other detrimental things about them.

You really just ought to fly back down to reality land and realize that every product has its upsides and downsides.

If I had the money, yes, I'd buy TTI headers. Would I expect them to float into my engine bay, bolt themselves in, and increase my horsepower to eleventy billion, as you seem to expect? No.

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 09:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What if i do..

I think your posts would make more sense if you did. TTI headers aren't straight from Jesus' holy hands, and you seem to think otherwise, citing other reports of failures as improper use or application

I have heard of a couple cases where their ceramic coating burned off after just a year, and they weren't used in the initial startup of the engine. I have heard where they just won't fit sometimes, I have heard other detrimental things about them.

You really just ought to fly back down to reality land and realize that every product has its upsides and downsides.

If I had the money, yes, I'd buy TTI headers. Would I expect them to float into my engine bay, bolt themselves in, and increase my horsepower to eleventy billion, as you seem to expect? No.

Obviously your in the wish i had them group..
Posted By: Dart 340

Re: Steve Dulcich test of SB manifolds vs shrt/long headrs? - 04/02/09 09:29 PM

© 2024 Moparts Forums