Moparts

Question about Front Seat

Posted By: RoadrunnerCN

Question about Front Seat - 03/30/09 05:22 PM

I replaced the front seat in my 1970 Satellite with a split bench that came out of a 1969 Dodge Coronet. My question is this: I want to get new upholstery and was thinking of buying the Roadrunner design and put it on myself. However, I'm unsure if the 1970 Roadrunner split bench upholstery would fit the 1960 Dodge Coronet split bench. I'm betting it would but wondered if any of you knew if they were the same construction/size (I know the upholstery stitch pattern was different), just wonder about the size/contruction. Let me know. You guys have been great. Take care, Chris.
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: Question about Front Seat - 03/30/09 05:31 PM

check with dante,bet he knows.good luck
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Question about Front Seat - 03/30/09 06:32 PM

The lever that releases the seat back is in a different place starting in 70 , it's up on the side of the back instead of a lever on the bottom pivot arm , if the seat back material is not cut for that , which I don't think it will be, you should be able to use the 69 seat as everything else is basically the same . The headrest are also different , they used a headrest that looks like the 69 bucket seat headrest , but I'm pretty sure the post spacing is the same .
Posted By: RoadrunnerCN

Re: Question about Front Seat - 03/30/09 07:33 PM

Thanks, good information. Yes, the level is at the bottom where the back pivots and not on the side of the back. I appreciate the help. Chris.
© 2024 Moparts Forums