Moparts

Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available

Posted By: fury4speed

Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available - 10/03/20 06:55 PM

Who makes the best and or high quality Front Brake Rotors for a E Body , Thanks
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available - 10/03/20 08:38 PM

I don't think there are any high quality rotors anymore but maybe someone knows of something decent. DoctorDiff is a good resource for this stuff. Another option is to buy parts store stuff that comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Posted By: dragon slayer

Re: Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available - 10/03/20 10:00 PM

Believe year matters too. 70-72 is different from the 73 up I believe. I have a set of the Centrix on my 70B Same as 70-72E. Very nice, correct fit, no issues at all.
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available - 10/03/20 11:41 PM

I had bought a set of Centric coated rotors for a C body that were surprisingly nice.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available - 10/03/20 11:47 PM

one more on Centrics on mine. Nice product on nice price... Slotted and drilled. but I think these are not anymore available now ? Not at least on Rockauto, but juts stock replacements.

Now another brand being offered there being drilled and slotted, a bit more expensive than the price I got my Centrics
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available - 10/04/20 02:15 AM

You can try Rotor Pros. Good quality parts and you can get them drilled, slotted, or both.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available - 10/04/20 11:25 AM

I've been a fan of Centric for awhile now. Beware that they offer standard and premium options. The premium are better materials.

Machine work on both is good, the premium are more rust resistant.

I don't think coating is all that, the coating gets worn off the surface that really matters.

Drilled and slotted is mainly max effort stuff, kinda pointless on a daily.

I used to be big on Wagner and Raybestos but their qc has gotten terrible.
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available - 10/04/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by ruderunner
I've been a fan of Centric for awhile now. Beware that they offer standard and premium options. The premium are better materials.

Machine work on both is good, the premium are more rust resistant.

I don't think coating is all that, the coating gets worn off the surface that really matters.

Drilled and slotted is mainly max effort stuff, kinda pointless on a daily.

I used to be big on Wagner and Raybestos but their qc has gotten terrible.

Agree.
Posted By: mgoblue9798

Re: Brake Rotors B and E Body Best Available - 10/16/20 01:24 AM

Trick used to be to find a mopar cop car rotor that had the same diameter and bearing sizes. They had extra reinforcing ribs cast in the back side. If you don't need numbers matching you might look into doing Ehrenberg's disco tech swap. Uses 11.75 78 model Cordoba rotors.
© 2024 Moparts Forums