Moparts

Front disc brakes

Posted By: 67llite

Front disc brakes - 09/14/20 12:41 AM

Hey guys i'm in need of help, Installed 4 wheel disc brakes on my 69 dart. On the front i did the larger upper ball joint and 74 upper a arm and spindle. Now my front wheels track wider than the rear wheels about half and inch. How do i correct this with the disc brakes setup intact? The disc set up is a jegs or summit setup, I have to check my receipt to be positive!
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Front disc brakes - 09/14/20 01:13 AM

A 1/2" wider track on the front wheels then the track on the rear wheels will not cause a problem with the way the Dart performs as long as the tires clear the fenders. Unless the difference really bothers you, I wouldn't change anything, nor would I be concerned. Gene
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Front disc brakes - 09/14/20 01:19 AM

Later A bodies had a wider front track stock.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Front disc brakes - 09/14/20 02:18 AM

You could put oem a body small bolt pattern disc brakes on it with machined 5 lug mustang rotors to reduce the track width. but you would have to locate all the parts and spend $$$
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Front disc brakes - 09/14/20 02:53 AM

A wider front track is a good thing since the car is nose heavy. It might look a little funny but it is actually a very good design practice. If you mostly care about looks then you can use spacers in the rear or buy wider rear wheels or swap in a longer rear axle or all sorts of other solutions.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Front disc brakes - 09/14/20 04:44 PM

The issue with the wider front track is if you lower the car very much you increase the chance that the top of the tire will rub on the fender.
© 2024 Moparts Forums