Moparts

Marker light sockets, where to get?

Posted By: RTDaddy

Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/28/09 11:41 PM

OK, I know I can't be the first one to hit thie. Where can you get replacement sockets to pop in the marker light housings like on 70 Chargers and Challengers? The rear harnesses that Evans makes has the pop in type of socket, where can you get those to do that to the front? I know I will have to run a ground lead to the housings. Any/all help appreciated.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOOUGH."
Posted By: ohiodemon

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/28/09 11:57 PM

have you tried NAPA ?

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/29/09 01:15 AM

Yup,
They have those that fit the taillights, (1157 bulbs), and a hole about the size of a quarter. I need one to fit the 1895 bulbs, goes in hole about the size of a nickel.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/30/09 12:57 AM

anyone else?
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/30/09 03:10 AM

What do they look like? Have a pic you could post?
Posted By: volaredon

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/30/09 01:09 PM

got a couple for my truck from Car Quest; made in Taiwan and crap! The b/u light one works but the tail light one would NOT unless I held pressure against the bulb to help it make contact!
Posted By: 70Duster

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/30/09 05:26 PM

He's asking where to get the SIDE MARKER light sockets. Not tail light, brake light or back-up light sockets. I'd be interested in this source as well.
Posted By: STLDuster

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/30/09 05:37 PM

I just got some from Oreilys autoparts. I am going to work on installing them this weekend.

May be the same parts as Napa?

Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/30/09 06:28 PM

Is this the same style socket E-body SMLs use? If so, I should have some ends I can cut and send you off some partial wiring harnesses.

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/30/09 08:37 PM

Exactly, E-body side marker lights. The rears are one wire and "snap" into the housings. This is what I'm looking for. I appreciate your willing to cut some off, but there has to be a source out there, as the new wiring harnesses which are sold have these on them. Anyone have a source?

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
Posted By: Blue66Charger

Re: Marker light sockets, where to get? - 03/31/09 02:34 AM

Pico light bulb sockets. Summit carries them I think. A little surfing and you might be golden.
© 2024 Moparts Forums