Moparts

Chrome trim id?

Posted By: JMCFAN

Chrome trim id? - 05/01/20 05:27 PM

Going through my extra chrome trim from my 70RR build....and have no idea what these 2 pieces are...????

Attached picture chrome1.JPG
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: Chrome trim id? - 05/01/20 09:04 PM

Bottom of the windshield. twocents
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Chrome trim id? - 05/01/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by 5carguy
Bottom of the windshield. twocents

For an e-body or 71 up b-body.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: Chrome trim id? - 05/01/20 11:48 PM

Thanks. will sell them.....I dont need. anyone know value..?
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Chrome trim id? - 05/02/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by JMCFAN
Thanks. will sell them.....I dont need. anyone know value..?

I’d say $50. It’s the type of item that few are looking for cause it’s so well protected. I think you will find it’s stainless....not chrome, and that a GOOD thing!
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Chrome trim id? - 05/02/20 03:14 AM

Stainless for sure.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Chrome trim id? - 05/02/20 11:48 AM

it's a 70-74 E body lower windshield trim. identified by the cut out areas for the surround trim ends. i think, probably wrong, E body cars only have this cutout.
71 and up B body cars lower trim is almost the exact copy. the only difference is they don't have the cutout on the ends. they use a wider surround end pieces.
if you swap end pieces the parts interchange. 70-74 E body and 71 and up B body use the same windshield.

the shape of the lower windshield wiper rests can narrow it down to more specific year.
i am not that into exact shape id. but 70 cars have a flatter wiper rest that the other years.

as far as value. i have a fully restored 70 lower windshield trim i can't get $100 for. shipping this part isn't cheap so i am stuck trying to sell local without much luck.
© 2024 Moparts Forums