Moparts

Magnum threaded fan mount extension??

Posted By: jbc426

Magnum threaded fan mount extension?? - 04/10/20 05:44 PM

Has anyone ever seen an extension to extend the fan forward on a 5.9 or 5.2 Magnum serpentine belt set-up? I need one to make room for the belt on a belt driven supercharger set-up.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Magnum threaded fan mount extension?? - 04/10/20 07:41 PM

Maybe just me but I'd ditch the propeller and run a good dual electric and controllers. Less rotational mass too.

But to anwser, NO, I have not.
Posted By: sam64

Re: Magnum threaded fan mount extension?? - 04/10/20 07:56 PM

If you know a good parts person they can help by looking at the dimension section for fan clutches. I had to do this for the one in my 65 Coronet with a 5.7 hemi. I had to have a shorter shaft.
Posted By: jerseybud

Re: Magnum threaded fan mount extension?? - 04/10/20 08:57 PM

Factory had different length fan clutchs. For example, a v6 fan had a very long threaded portion. The 92-93 magnums had a mid sized one. The 94-03s varied a little based on HD cooling or not, or at least thats been my obervation with my junkyard engines. My 92 w250 had a spacer washer behind the fan clutch as well to get an extra 3/16 inch forward. Only seen them on 92-93s though, and not all of them. Very thick metal washer - not a hardware store piece without alot of milling.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Magnum threaded fan mount extension?? - 04/12/20 11:26 PM

Another vote for electric fan time.

Eliminate dead weight, pick up horsepower, less noise, and more room. up

Otherwise, you could add a short threaded section and then thread another nut on there and put it on?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Magnum threaded fan mount extension?? - 04/13/20 03:14 AM

I think the nut maybe a left handed thread.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Magnum threaded fan mount extension?? - 04/15/20 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by jbc426
Has anyone ever seen an extension to extend the fan forward on a 5.9 or 5.2 Magnum serpentine belt set-up? I need one to make room for the belt on a belt driven supercharger set-up.

I think I found an extension, and ordered it. They use them on diesel rigs. I'll know soon enough if it fits my needs. I need just enough room to clear a 10 rib blower belt and not enough to push the fan too close to the radiator.

Attached picture Fan extension.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums