Moparts

Modern Radios

Posted By: rattler

Modern Radios - 02/23/20 05:23 PM

What are ya'll using for sound. I want some modern features in a new radio that mounts in the original dash cutout. Plus, one that doesn't cost a body part. Some of the advertised ones are 600-800 bucks. Can't see that for a radio. It's going in my 64 Plymouth.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Modern Radios - 02/23/20 06:11 PM

Better take singing lessons. You can get yours converted for like 400 bucks. Then add for options. So 6 to 7 hundred is about the going rate.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Modern Radios - 02/23/20 07:41 PM

couple of choices.
the right way is pay $$$ for a converted radio.

another cheap way out is install a factory dummy radio that doesn't work in the proper place. then mount a modern radio, preferably remote controlled, in a hidden location. a lot of people install it in the glove box.
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: Modern Radios - 02/23/20 09:13 PM

I have had good luck with Retro Sound radios. They are around $400.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Modern Radios - 02/23/20 09:17 PM

On my 51 Plymouth I mounted a set of 5x7 speakers in the rear shelf with custom made adapters and mounted a bluetooth amp in the back to run them. I stream music from my smartphone. Less than $100 into it. My radio delete plate is unaffected adn everything is mounted under the rear package shelf.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Modern Radios - 02/23/20 09:34 PM

I installed one of these in my father-in-law's Li'l Red Express. He has a factory 8-track AM/FM and didn't want to hack it up.

With this amp in-line, the factory radio functions as normal and the amplifier itself interrupts and provides bluetooth support. May not do everything you want, but it's a cheap option

Bluetooth 2-channel pyle amp
Posted By: rattler

Re: Modern Radios - 02/23/20 10:07 PM

Glove box is out. That's where all the computers live now.
Posted By: None2Slow

Re: Modern Radios - 02/26/20 04:10 AM

Get a new modern radio and use a custom "box" and mount it under the seat. Most now have Bluetooth, USB and aux inputs plus remote controls. My dash was already hacked so I have options.
© 2024 Moparts Forums