Moparts

Driveshaft questions.....??

Posted By: USMCBuckWild

Driveshaft questions.....?? - 03/20/09 07:52 PM

Can anyone tell me the correct length of the driveshaft for a 1974 Duster, smallblock with 727 in standard locations with an 8 3/4 489 case? The rear is on stock springs in factory location. I'm trying to get my lil hot rod put together for when I get back from Iraq. Should be stateside in about 6 weeks, and don't want to have too many things to do before driving it. Thanks!!
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Driveshaft questions.....?? - 03/21/09 12:18 AM

If I didn't have an inch of water running through my garage I would crawl under mine and measure it but ----
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Driveshaft questions.....?? - 03/21/09 12:50 AM

If you have the yoke you'll be using & someone who can put it in the trans & measure the C to C, subtract an inch & you'll be able to order it in advance & you'll know it'll be the exact length for your car & it'll be waiting for you upon your arrival.
Posted By: USMCBuckWild

Re: Driveshaft questions.....?? - 03/21/09 03:51 AM

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I'll have my brother pull a measurement and get one rolling. Any recomended driveshaft makers in CT area?
Posted By: Spraygoon

Re: Driveshaft questions.....?? - 03/21/09 04:01 AM

Dont have a shop reccomendation but I would reccomend getting one made of aluminum. I know it makes a noticable difference in a 4 speed for the better. I have about 10,000 moles on one behind a 440 4 speed in a 64 Fury. Be safe.

Paul
© 2024 Moparts Forums