Moparts

Which trans pan gasket ?

Posted By: 2DoorPost

Which trans pan gasket ? - 03/17/09 02:27 AM

I need a trans pan gasket.What do you folks prefer,cork,rubber,or something else? Just don't want leaks!
Posted By: 70Challengerse

Re: Which trans pan gasket ? - 03/17/09 02:30 AM

buy a reusuable pan gasket Chrysler has them and some after market companies carry them..
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Which trans pan gasket ? - 03/17/09 02:39 AM

Anything, ANYTHING but that folded up black fibery thing that sometimes comes with the filters.
Posted By: 2DoorPost

Re: Which trans pan gasket ? - 03/17/09 02:40 AM

Does anyone know part# for a reuseable pan gasket? It's a 727.
Posted By: MoparDonny

Re: Which trans pan gasket ? - 03/17/09 02:46 AM

Quote:

buy a reusuable pan gasket Chrysler has them and some after market companies carry them..

Unless you have a new pan, that gasket will leak for sure. I've used the 3 common Chrysler gaskets and find the cork to be the most leak resistant. The re-usable MP rubber gasket works good till the pan gets a bit warped or after a couple years when the gasket becomes compressed. If you use one DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN .I have the newer type hard gasket with the dual ribs all the way around, came with my MP aluminum pan but I use it with a new MP deep steel pan. Works good for now but I always keep a cork gasket around as a failsafe.

Don.
Posted By: 70Challengerse

Re: Which trans pan gasket ? - 03/17/09 02:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Unless you have a new pan, that gasket will leak for sure. I've used the 3 common Chrysler gaskets and find the cork to be the most leak resistant. The re-usable MP rubber gasket works good till the pan gets a bit warped or after a couple years when the gasket becomes compressed. If you use one DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN .I have the newer type hard gasket with the dual ribs all the way around, came with my MP aluminum pan but I use it with a new MP deep steel pan. Works good for now but I always keep a cork gasket around as a failsafe.

Don.

brown neoprene then...that works good on the older pans..
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Which trans pan gasket ? - 03/17/09 02:52 AM

ANY pan gasket is reusable if you treat-it-right. Just glue-it on the pan and make sure the trans is slightly oiled. It will come off every time in one piece.

The trick is ...is to have the pan-rail straight and not warped. And do NOT over-tighten the bolts ... just use light pressure on a 1/4 rachet. If the gasket starts to squeeze-out ...it is waaaay too tight.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Which trans pan gasket ? - 03/17/09 03:13 AM

the dealer carries them ...1999 dodge 1500 with 360...trans is an A518/46re...

same gasket as a 727...reuseable...

727 is 2464324ac

904 is 4295875ac

© 2024 Moparts Forums