Moparts

68-70 B body Windshield replacement

Posted By: MADMANMOPAR

68-70 B body Windshield replacement - 03/16/09 11:16 PM

Need some help Moparts members.. I need to get a new windshield for a 69 Charger.. I've only found yearone so far who sells them.. Any idea where to get a new one?

also any info that some windshield replacements are not as thick as the originals and leak?
Posted By: minivan

Re: 68-70 B body Windshield replacement - 03/17/09 12:24 AM

Call your local glass shops.. Should be not problem.. Good chance it will be a PPG WS and it will be plenty thick..
Posted By: BFASTER

Re: 68-70 B body Windshield replacement - 03/17/09 03:17 AM

Quote:

Call your local glass shops.. Should be not problem.. Good chance it will be a PPG WS and it will be plenty thick..

I inquired with a glass guy that I know and he says if it isn't in stock he could have it in a week! Should be the same in OHIO.
Posted By: BRawls

Re: 68-70 B body Windshield replacement - 03/18/09 12:17 AM

AMD has windshields and you can get them in clear or tinted. My local vendor has PPG for $220, but they have the real heavy tint at the top like a modern one.
Posted By: 68Bullit

Re: 68-70 B body Windshield replacement - 03/18/09 12:27 AM

I replaced the windshield in my 68' Charger and it works great, just be sure to get the correct gasket. The first time the glass man tried using some makeshift silicon and of course it leaked. We then found and bought the correct windshield gasket and no leaks after that. I forget which windshield we used but it was from one of the local guys and we got it within a couple of weeks maximum.
Posted By: GOLDMYN

Re: 68-70 B body Windshield replacement - 03/18/09 01:26 AM

There is normally a listing on the "bag" from a guy in Jansville Wi, I've bought 3 different ones from him.
Posted By: sthemi

Re: 68-70 B body Windshield replacement - 03/18/09 01:48 AM

PS Autoglass in janesville WI.

I talked to them a couple of weeks ago and they have tinted in stock but clear is backordered a couple of months..
Posted By: Blakcharger440

Re: 68-70 B body Windshield replacement - 03/18/09 05:09 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt the factory install the rubber gasket and sealant in some areas for 68-70 B-Bodies?
The ones I have removed had sealant. It seems to me if you just have the rubber gasket installed then it will leak for sure.
Posted By: phantomx

Re: 68-70 B body Windshield replacement - 03/18/09 05:11 PM

Quote:

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt the factory install the rubber gasket and sealant in some areas for 68-70 B-Bodies?
The ones I have removed had sealant. It seems to me if you just have the rubber gasket installed then it will leak for sure.

Yes, there is sealer along the bottom and up the sides a few inches. I had to take my 70 FSM to the glass shop to show the guy who installed the windshield in my brothers 67 Coronet.
Travis..
© 2024 Moparts Forums