Moparts

What is the most amount of Build Sheets a car can have?

Posted By: ragtop

What is the most amount of Build Sheets a car can have? - 02/25/19 04:24 AM

What is the most amount of Build Sheets a 1970 Hamtramck car can have? Thanks.
Posted By: ClassicIronman

Re: What is the most amount of Build Sheets a car can have? - 02/25/19 04:42 AM

I have found three matching broad cast sheets in my first 70 Challenger T/A, I recently took apart a 70 Satellite convertible and found 4 broadcast sheets, One under the front seat was for a Purple 440 6 pac car the carpet was still original as well as the floor pan so I found a 70 Fy1 Yellow hardtop RR one there and then I pulled the rear seat and in the bottom one I found a 70 dark green 318 convertible one and then luckily I found a perfectly preserved one in the top half of the the rear seat. What I have seen is the there can potentially be 5 sheets per car from my past experience. I am not aware of an official number but maybe someone else will know. I have found them taped to the back of the glove box on E-bodies but have not found one there on b-body as of yet and the number of original cars are getting slimmer.

john
Posted By: pinkmeepmeep

Re: What is the most amount of Build Sheets a car can have? - 02/25/19 07:39 AM

I found three build sheets in my T/A
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: What is the most amount of Build Sheets a car can have? - 02/25/19 08:22 AM

3 or 4 would not be unheard of . Slightly off topic ,The most I ever found in one car , would have been a 71 Torino Cobra I once owned , about 8 sheets , but all different, consecutive sequence cars, still connected together in a stack under the carpet.

I have had several Mopars that I did pull 3 sheets from , usually 71-up B bodies , (back seat upper and back seat lower, then under the carpet).

The best "secret hiding place" to find a buildsheet on a 1970 Hamtramck car is inside the drivers bucket seat upper half , inside the springs behind the plastic back cover . Often times these will be the best preserved sheets you will find as well.
My FJ6 T/A had one here ,folded twice , it was in near mint condition.

Greg
Posted By: Morty426

Re: What is the most amount of Build Sheets a car can have? - 02/25/19 10:47 AM

My Hawaiian Superbee WM23V0A had 3

Two of my Challengers had 2
JH23H1B
JS23V0B
Posted By: moparwizard

Re: What is the most amount of Build Sheets a car can have? - 02/25/19 12:29 PM

I found 5 in a 70 Charger R/T and 4 in a 70 Dart 340.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: What is the most amount of Build Sheets a car can have? - 02/25/19 05:56 PM

My '72 Cuda had at least 3. I have not gutted the rest of the interior so there MIGHT be more.
© 2024 Moparts Forums