Moparts

matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle

Posted By: gtx6970

matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/10/19 04:06 AM

What numbers on the fender tag of a 67 vehicle match to the body ?
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/10/19 04:45 AM

The SO number.
Posted By: 1970GTX

Re: matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/10/19 04:51 AM

The bottom right 8 digits on the fender tag match the last 8 on the radiator support stamping (scheduled production date mm/y space shipping order number).

The 2 digits before that match the 6th and 7th on the VIN tag(year and mfg plant).

On the bottom left, the 1st four characters match the first 4 on the VIN tag (car line, price class, body type)
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/10/19 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By 1970GTX
The bottom right 8 digits on the fender tag match the last 8 on the radiator support stamping (scheduled production date mm/y space shipping order number).

The 2 digits before that match the 6th and 7th on the VIN tag(year and mfg plant).

On the bottom left, the 1st four characters match the first 4 on the VIN tag (car line, price class, body type)

On a 67? I though only way to match fender tag with the SO number to the body was with broadcast sheet or window sticker. I also thought 67 was similar to 68 in that regard.
Posted By: fal3

Re: matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/10/19 10:37 PM

'66 & '67 fender tags are unique. In '68 Chrysler changed the format of the fender tags.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/10/19 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By RoadRunner
Originally Posted By 1970GTX

On a 67? I though only way to match fender tag with the SO number to the body was with broadcast sheet or window sticker. I also thought 67 was similar to 68 in that regard.

The Shipping Order Number is on the fender tag, radiator support, and trunk lip. It can only be matched to the VIN with the Broadcast Sheet.
Posted By: ro23_j

Re: matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/11/19 12:33 AM

The SO number can also be matched to the VIN on the IBM card.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/11/19 12:53 AM

The So number on the fender tag is the same number stamped in the rad support/ trunk lip ?
should match the lower right numbers on the tag ?

The car I'm looking at I think has its original owner card on the rad support. This card has both the vin and the So number on it correct ?

Reason Im asking is when I first asked about this car, the data tag didn't exist. Now all of a sudden it does. So just want to make sure its the correct one for the car

Sorry for all the questions, Im a rookie at the earlier cars
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/11/19 05:36 PM

In short, SO number on body, SO number on buildsheet, SO number on fender tag, VIN on buildsheet, VIN on body VIN tag.

Attached picture GTX Fender Tag0001.JPG
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: matching a 67 data tag to a vehicle - 02/11/19 07:46 PM

and early cars are not as random as some would suggest
I've not previously seen the above two fender tags,
but they belong to:
RS23J77239xxx
&
RS23J77168xxx
© 2024 Moparts Forums