Moparts

The Bumper Shop on Florence Avenue in Los Angeles?

Posted By: Fab64

The Bumper Shop on Florence Avenue in Los Angeles? - 01/17/19 12:05 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone know of, or have any recent experience with, this place? In 2011, I got both bumpers for my '67 Barracuda there, and have been very happy. But I just read a Yelp review that says the original owner moved to Pomona, and the business is now run by someone else. Can anyone confirm? Any info would be much appreciated, thanks.

Roger
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: The Bumper Shop on Florence Avenue in Los Angeles? - 01/17/19 09:31 PM

I don't know about this guy, but I just used Ace Plating in Van Nuys to have the bumpers rechromed for my Valiant and they came out beautiful, their number is 818-909-2500, Tony
Posted By: Fab64

Re: The Bumper Shop on Florence Avenue in Los Angeles? - 01/18/19 01:58 AM

Thank you, Tony. I saw your post shortly after a guy from the Bumper Shop picked up my front bumper this morning. I hope I don't regret using them!! panic

I'll report back on the results. luck
Posted By: AndyF

Re: The Bumper Shop on Florence Avenue in Los Angeles? - 01/18/19 08:12 AM

I'm surprised you can still find a place to repair and rechrome a bumper. There aren't any places that do that kind of work left here in Oregon. I searched last summer and all I found was dead ends. It seems everyone who used to that kind of work around here has gone out of business in the last few years.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: The Bumper Shop on Florence Avenue in Los Angeles? - 01/18/19 08:22 AM

I had both of my bumpers from my 1966 Dodge Coronet Deluxe straighten and rechromed by a shop up in Lancaster, CA. I can't remember the name right now, maybe it will come to me later luck
They have a route along Highway #5 from down their all the way up to the northern WA border with Canada up work I met them at a car show in Eugene, OR and picked them up 3 months later at another car show in Salem, OR boogie
The bumpers turned out very nice and they did a trade + cash with me on some other bumpers I had from some other cars so the price was very nice also up
© 2024 Moparts Forums