Moparts

two step

Posted By: moparsquid

two step - 01/09/19 10:34 PM

hello I'm planning on instaleing a msd 2 step module I know 1 end goes in the msd one is power and the other I think is the trigger where is the best place to put it
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: two step - 01/10/19 04:06 AM

I have hooked them up to the brake light switch, a pressure switch in the brake line or the trans brake switch. All depends on what you want to accomplish.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: two step - 01/11/19 07:12 AM

Just as slant said above, it depends on the surrounding hardware. If it’s a footbrake car, the best option is to install a pressure actuated switch into the brake system and run it off that. The easiest is to wire it right into the brake light switch. This is how my car is done and it has worked great and reliably for me for years now.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: two step - 01/11/19 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
I have hooked them up to the brake light switch, a pressure switch in the brake line or the trans brake switch. All depends on what you want to accomplish.

Many a Ford has caught fire when a brake pressure switch started leaking. Seen it happen to a friends F150 after it had been parked for 3 hours. Lucky for him I was having a smoke and saw the start of it, I grabbed a fire extinguisher and put it out. He left his doors unlocked.

I would forgo a two step rev limiter before I used a brake pressure switch, especially since you already have a switch on the pedal.
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: two step - 01/11/19 08:55 PM

I REALLY like slantzilla's idea of wiring into the brake light switch.

If you have a 4-speed car, then maybe a push button the shifter? I have a 2-step which isn't installed yet and plan to wire it together with a line lock to a switch on the shifter (since I need both feet to launch & I have 3 pedals)
Posted By: madscientist

Re: two step - 01/11/19 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By PurpleBeeper
I REALLY like slantzilla's idea of wiring into the brake light switch.

If you have a 4-speed car, then maybe a push button the shifter? I have a 2-step which isn't installed yet and plan to wire it together with a line lock to a switch on the shifter (since I need both feet to launch & I have 3 pedals)

If you have a clutch the switch goes on the clutch pedal, not on the line lock. I don't care how good you are, you will never get the button off at the correct time twice in a row.

Set it up on the pedal and make sure that as soon as you move your foot the switch clicks. That way, your not loading the engine while the two step is on. That's a promised parts breaker.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: two step - 01/12/19 03:18 AM

I have two switches in series,one mounted to my clutch pedal stop on the floor and the other on the transmission at the first gear lever. That way the 2 step circuit is only active when the clutch pedal is on the floor and the tranny is in first gear.

Gus beer
Posted By: moparsquid

Re: two step - 01/13/19 06:09 PM

I was going to use the factory brake light switch on the peddle or use a micro switch to activate it as it is a foot brake car, thanks to all responders for suggestions I've never have never used one before thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums