Moparts

Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings

Posted By: toplescuda

Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 06:11 PM

I have a aftermarket (looks like a gm) master c yl and power brake booster installed on the charger. I bought new one type pre bent stainless 3/16 hard lines. From inline tube. All that stuff was great. And on the car
Mopar uses a large 1/2 fitting on the line that threads into the m.c. problem is my new master c yl. Uses,s small (metric?) Thread fittings. I can't install my lines to it
Any guys on here run into this?
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 06:19 PM

You run into that kind of thing every time you use non-stock stuff.
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 06:23 PM

Granted S.S. is harder, but I see no reason you couldn't remove the end and re-flare for the proper size.

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 06:25 PM

I have done reg lines. And was hit/miss. I'm not gonna even try with stainless. There is no local place that does flaring. So that is not really a option for me
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 06:30 PM

there are probably line adapters.
if you have a graingers local, or a good parts house you can probably get someone to figure out the fitting size you need.
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 06:32 PM

I am by no means a professional mechanic.
I tend to assume, if I can do it anybody can.
It does take some practice.

Maybe a local Hydraulic or Implement shop could help.

It just seems easier (to me) than the only other option I see.
Replacing the M.C. and possibly the booster.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 06:36 PM

Call Inline Tube and see if they'll make you a set of lines with the fittings that you need.

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 07:50 PM

Would prob be cheaper (if they would) then buying different mc./and booster
Posted By: Car Nut

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 10:51 PM

I had the same problem so I had Right Stuff Detailing make me a set out of stainless steel, looks stock until you look at the fittings.

Attached picture 4753A6B4-0963-4B8B-9661-DFBC1FA5FF49 (2).jpeg

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/15/18 11:03 PM

Lol what that cost ya?

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/16/18 07:47 AM

Master cylinder brake lines? Around $25

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/16/18 04:21 PM

Il have to check into that. L9l. Even if have to send them my mc. So make sure get the correct lines

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/16/18 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By toplescuda
Il have to check into that. L9l. Even if have to send them my mc. So make sure get the correct lines

If your MC lines are correct except for the fittings, just send them your old lines, they will match them with the correct fittings.

Re: Aftermarket master c yl. On mopar. Different size line fittings - 12/22/18 05:00 PM

My new lines are same as my old lines. Except now in stainless
The differance is in the master C yl. It's self

Tried posting pics. But all are to large
© 2024 Moparts Forums