Moparts

1987 dodge shadow window regulator

Posted By: yellowgtx

1987 dodge shadow window regulator - 11/22/18 08:20 PM

I know this a newer car but my grand son is coming up to visit on weekend. He wants me to look at his window on drivers side.1987 Dodge Shadow manual windows. I cant seem to find any pictures or tips on what to expect. I see there is some kind of a repair tape kit for them. What is a tape kit?? Any tips or pics would be grateful. Trying to get the youngster going on cars like his Grandpa
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: 1987 dodge shadow window regulator - 11/22/18 08:35 PM

It is plastic with teeth on it. They break quite often from what I remember.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 1987 dodge shadow window regulator - 11/22/18 09:28 PM

Manual windows don't have the tape that is for power windows. Here is a link to something that might give you an idea of the manual set up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Passenger-Front...4/182156875738?
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: 1987 dodge shadow window regulator - 11/22/18 10:51 PM

sorry, missed that you said manual windows
Posted By: yellowgtx

Re: 1987 dodge shadow window regulator - 11/23/18 06:51 PM

I talked to him on the phone last night. I thought it was a 87 shadow. It is a 1990 Plymouth Sundance 4 dr. Manual windows on drivers side front. Poor little guy Just got his license and 2 days latter Winter and freezing rain set in. I guess he learned the hard way, now that when a window is frozen DO NOT CRANK IT HARD. Stuff breaks. These are hard cars to find much about them in internet. I guess when he gets here on weekend I will get the window closed and see what we need for now. All he knew was it was frozen and he cranked it hard and heard a snap and the window fell down when car warmed up. O well I guess we all have learned things about cars the hard way. Thanks for replies I will update what I find when he gets here with it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums