Moparts

Camouflage paint. How to?

Posted By: HOOVER24K

Camouflage paint. How to? - 03/11/09 10:36 PM

Hi,
I saw a truck that was painted camouflage that looked like a grass pattern in 3 colors. Anyone know what method would be used to paint a pattern like this? I have a digital pic but don't know how to attach it here.
Thanks

Attached picture 5086492-camotruck.jpg
Posted By: Day2Runner

Re: Camouflage paint. How to? - 03/11/09 11:02 PM

camo wrap
Posted By: Waveraider

Re: Camouflage paint. How to? - 03/12/09 12:45 AM

I saw a youtube video where a guy spray painted camouflage leaves on a gun. He actually held leafs up and sprayed over them. Turned out ok.

Home Depot has Camo paint in four different colors.

I used the OD Green to paint my rifle. Turned out nice.

Posted By: topside

Re: Camouflage paint. How to? - 03/12/09 04:08 AM

Check out camomyride.com and you'll get some ideas & how-to there. There's another site, don't remember the name but found it searching for "camo patterns".
A buddy & I did his Blazer this way: shot it with a dark flat green, then using edges of construction paper laid down some tree trunks & branches, in black & dark brown; made a bunch of leaf stencils (different leaves), and used different shades of browns & reds. Last, we highlighted some of the trunks & branches with a light tan & touch-up brush. We spent maybe 20 hours on it. Looks great. Only the ground coat was sprayed with a gun in our booth; the rest was rattle cans. Gonna do my plow truck this summer in similar fashion. I'll probably shoot a satin or flat clear over mine for UV protection, though his is holding up well.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Camouflage paint. How to? - 03/12/09 09:16 AM

How to paint camo? how do you want the camo to work/look?

so many different "camo" designs, that you can pick whatever method you want.

you can overlay imagines and paint over them, you can do numerous mask and paint layers, you can use airbrushes...

and you can also use printed stickers
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Camouflage paint. How to? - 03/12/09 10:42 AM

I painted a truck camo once. I parked it by the woods and could never find it again.
Posted By: HOOVER24K

Re: Camouflage paint. How to? - 03/12/09 11:06 PM

Here is the pic
© 2024 Moparts Forums