Moparts

Trunk Divider Material

Posted By: dart4forte

Trunk Divider Material - 10/08/18 11:37 PM

Looking for a bulk piece of the material that’s used for the trunk divider. Anyone have a source?
Posted By: MoparMike1974

Re: Trunk Divider Material - 10/09/18 02:09 AM

Craft stores like Michaels might have something. Depends on how big of a piece you need. Their stuff is usually only around 3'.
Posted By: kentj340

Re: Trunk Divider Material - 10/11/18 06:50 AM

The original is compressed, un-corrugated cardboard, 1/8" thick.

At Home Depot or Lowe's you can find in the finished lumber/molding aisle about 4 non-plywood items 1/8" x 48" x 96", some of which are pre-finished white, some not. You might like one of the non-white items. With a coat of matte black on it, the only way to tell it is non-original is to remove it and examine it closely.
Posted By: Centerline

Re: Trunk Divider Material - 10/11/18 04:01 PM

Home Depot and Lowes both have Luan Plywood which comes in 4'x8' sheets and is 3/16" thick. It's used mostly for the back of cabinets and is finished on one side. Hot rodders have been using that stuff for years for door panels and it will work well for a trunk divider. I'll be using it for my '64 Polara when I do the rear seat delete.
Posted By: 70duster340

Re: Trunk Divider Material - 10/11/18 04:21 PM

I've used the same thing for the door panels in my Duster. I just used an old panel as a template, traced around it, cut it with the desired holes for the window crank, arm rest, and door latch, and covered it with black vinyl with a thin layer of batting. Look good to me, and was much cheaper than purchasing new panels.
Posted By: cruzin

Re: Trunk Divider Material - 10/11/18 08:28 PM

Speaking of the trunk divider. Does anyone have firsthand experience with improvements to the trunk divider for noise reduction or would this make much difference?
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: Trunk Divider Material - 10/12/18 02:49 PM

Make the divider out of aluminum sheet to be NHRA compliant if your racing the car at the track and have the battery in the trunk.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Trunk Divider Material - 10/12/18 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By cruzin
Speaking of the trunk divider. Does anyone have firsthand experience with improvements to the trunk divider for noise reduction or would this make much difference?

my one buddy used a dynamat type of stuff on his car, including the trunk divider and surrounding area. the car is very quiet, but that may be due to the entire job, not just the trunk divider. if you are replacing the divider, it wouldn't hurt to use something, even if it's the cheap bubble/foil stuff from the home improvement store. just my idea, your results may vary.
beer
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Trunk Divider Material - 10/12/18 04:47 PM

Originals in mine are a black pressboard. Similar to non coregated cardboard.
DMT sells them.
Might be willing to sell you the material or give you the details of what it is.
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Trunk Divider Material - 10/12/18 05:00 PM

I assume it is a coupe?
© 2024 Moparts Forums