Moparts

rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60

Posted By: FJ6AAR

rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/22/18 08:11 PM

Hi, I've searched the net and was unable to find a concrete answer, so here it goes - could you get a rear sway bar in a 1971 'Cuda that was equipped with a Dana 60 rear? Everything I've found suggests no, but I'd like to know 100% for sure. Thanks, Rob
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/22/18 08:19 PM

the '72 B-body is the only DANA 60 car that a rear sway bar was available

frog the answer is NO for a 1971 'cuda
Posted By: FJ6AAR

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/22/18 10:34 PM

Thank you Dan, much appreciated. Rob
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/22/18 11:31 PM

Correct. No sway bar with the Dana. Have had a few Dana cars and evidence of a sway bar on any of them.
Posted By: larry4406

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/23/18 12:00 PM

If one wanted to, what is involved with installing a sway bar on a 71 cuda with a Dana 60? Will a factory bar and setup from a 8-3/4 work?
Posted By: jbc426

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/23/18 04:21 PM

I bolted a Firm Feel rear bar in my '70 , but I'm using a '68 B-Body Dana with Dr Diff's inset hanger kit.

There's no reason you can't bolt one in to your car too. The chassis mount brackets slip over the frame and are screwed on to hold. The bar end mounts simply sandwich above the springs and between the rear end housing.

Call Firm Feel and tell them you need a rear bar & installation kit for your wider rear end. The bar ends need to reach to the middle of the leaf spring.

You can see the end links in this photo.

Attached picture slapper bar 4.jpeg

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/23/18 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By jbc426
I bolted a Firm Feel rear bar in my '70 , but I'm using a '68 B-Body Dana with Dr Diff's inset hanger kit.

There's no reason you can't bolt one in to your car too. The chassis mount brackets slip over the frame and are screwed on to hold. The bar end mounts simply sandwich above the springs and between the rear end housing.

Call Firm Feel and tell them you need a rear bar & installation kit for your wider rear end. The bar ends need to reach to the middle of the leaf spring.

You can see the end links in this photo.

Good to know. I was concerned that the larger "pumpkin" of the Dana 60 compared to the 8-3/4 might mean that a stock sway bar would interfere with the pumpkin.
Posted By: BDW

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/24/18 12:50 AM

My Challenger had the rear sway bar with the 8.75 rear end, changed over to a Dana and it bolted up the same with no issues.

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/24/18 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By BDW
My Challenger had the rear sway bar with the 8.75 rear end, changed over to a Dana and it bolted up the same with no issues.

Good news!
Posted By: 73DAD

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/24/18 02:40 PM

A good question to ask would be why the suspension engineers decided against having one with a Dana on an E-body. Maybe the leaf spring packs were deemed stiff enough on the E-bodies that required Dana's?
Posted By: BDW

Re: rear sway bar in Cuda with Dana 60 - 09/24/18 03:10 PM

If you bought an engine package that required the Dana, you just wanted to go straight.....
© 2024 Moparts Forums