Moparts

cordoba front suspension?

Posted By: G code Jockey

cordoba front suspension? - 09/21/18 02:43 PM

did the cordoba, specifically the 80's cars going into the j body, have longitudinal torsion bars like the earlier b bodes or transverse like a diplomat? i cant seem to find much info on these cars. an underbody pic would be great. thanks.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: cordoba front suspension? - 09/21/18 03:19 PM

what do you mean "going into the J body"?

J body Dobas are all transverse torsion bar setups.

All other body style Cordobas are longitudinal.

Re: cordoba front suspension? - 09/21/18 03:31 PM

is was confused on the issue. thanks for the clearity. i guess i was refering to the j body. i couldnt find anywhere that stated that j body cordobas used the transverse torsion bar system. are these suspenions difficult to work on/modify? i do have experience with the older b body set up for reference.

Re: cordoba front suspension? - 09/21/18 04:03 PM

Difficult to work on? No.

You can get performance parts for them

http://www.firmfeel.com/fmj_body_mopar_parts.html

There is some disagreement as to it's abilities to handle at the limits.

I think for anything on the street it can handle as well as the limits of the driver.

If you are junkyard picking later model Diplomats and Gran Furys were used as cop cars, a lot. The fender tag code is AHB they typically have the sorted out HD parts and added handling goodies, like rear sway bars.

Re: cordoba front suspension? - 09/21/18 04:35 PM

does that mean the j/m bodies use interchangable suspension parts? thats good news.

Re: cordoba front suspension? - 09/21/18 04:36 PM

F/M/J suspensions, front and rear, can interchange parts.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: cordoba front suspension? - 09/21/18 04:37 PM

F, M, J bodies . . . yup interchangable parts
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: cordoba front suspension? - 09/21/18 08:53 PM

The Police Diplomat/Gran Fury had a larger front sway bar if you can find one in yard. Also grab the rear lower spring plate with the bracket for the rear anti sway bar that came on the AHB and the bar and frame bracket too if you can. I know this pic isn't all that helpful, but here's what the bar looks like. I was holding it after removing one I already sold but you can see shape and frame bracket
© 2024 Moparts Forums