Moparts

Single feed vs. dual feed carb.

Posted By: 440mopar

Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 04:41 AM

I'm looking at getting a new Holley carb. that comes in both single and dual feed versions. Other than the obvious extra feed on the dual feed, are there any other differences between the two? Does the extra feed provide a better supply or flow of fuel? Just trying to decide if I should choose one version over the other. The carb. will be used on a mild 440.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 06:13 AM

Other than room or OE packaging I can't see why you wouldn't want a dual feed set up. One line for each needle and seat...I don't see a bad thing.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By 440mopar
I'm looking at getting a new Holley carb. that comes in both single and dual feed versions. Other than the obvious extra feed on the dual feed, are there any other differences between the two? Does the extra feed provide a better supply or flow of fuel? Just trying to decide if I should choose one version over the other. The carb. will be used on a mild 440.

I've used both types of carbs over the years, no big benefits or draw backs, esp since your application is a mild street 440, full race application is another story...
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 01:33 PM

understanding why holley went to a "center pivot" needle and seat vs the tradional "side pivot" may help in selection.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 01:45 PM

Both carbs have 2 needle and seats.
The single feed has a transfer tube and has side hung floats
The dual feed has 2 fuel lines and center hung floats. It flows more fuel than the single feed.
A single feed will work fine on a mild 440 for the street.
Posted By: furious70

Re: Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 03:51 PM

maybe silly, but to me a dual feed has the 'hot rod look' and the single feeds are pedestrian looking.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 06:55 PM

68 426 Dart-Barracuda, single feed square bowls and vacuum secondary's.
#3310, single line, would be my choice.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 09:14 PM

FWIW With a stock height intake sometimes a dual feed line runs right into the distributor depending on which dual feed line you use... twocents
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By skicker
FWIW With a stock height intake sometimes a dual feed line runs right into the distributor depending on which dual feed line you use... twocents

Some also hit the manifold.
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Single feed vs. dual feed carb. - 09/19/18 11:11 PM

the past month I've been playing with a 750 edelbrock on a near stock 440. surprisingly impressed with it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums