Moparts

Question on '68 Dart tinted windows

Posted By: jughed

Question on '68 Dart tinted windows - 09/17/18 05:00 PM

I'm looking at a partial set of clean factory tinted glass to put in the Dart once it's panted. The door glass is missing, so before purchasing I'm going to see if any can be found. Not sure on just how common/rare they are.

My question...is the rear glass supposed to be darker than the side glass??
The seller says that they came from the same car, but the rear glass is a couple of shades darker.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Question on '68 Dart tinted windows - 09/17/18 08:25 PM

Thinking the shade should all be the same.

Best bet is to find an AC equipped car. I have seen AC cars with out tinted glass, but it appears to be a rarity.

Re: Question on '68 Dart tinted windows - 09/17/18 09:00 PM

Thanks!!
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Question on '68 Dart tinted windows - 09/17/18 10:15 PM

I'm under the impression they came two ways, tinted and not. Windshield could be way different over time (replacements). Look for the factory etched logo in the corner, will tell a lot.
Posted By: topside

Re: Question on '68 Dart tinted windows - 09/17/18 11:00 PM

Options were clear all around, tinted windshield, or tinted all around.
Back glass & side glass always seemed the same to me, whether tinted or not; the tinted being a more greenish color.
Best bet if you're looking for tinted glass would be a car with A/C, which was more likely to have both options.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Question on '68 Dart tinted windows - 09/18/18 01:21 AM

I have a few sets of each in Rockford, Ill if you can't find what you're looking for.

Re: Question on '68 Dart tinted windows - 09/18/18 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By Rhinodart
I have a few sets of each in Rockford, Ill if you can't find what you're looking for.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

I have a good set of clear except for the rear window. I am considering tinting the clears if I can find a decent back glass.
The car is nowhere near stock as is, so no problem in having the windows tinted.
© 2024 Moparts Forums