Moparts

69 GTX AC BOX evaporator and drip pan

Posted By: sparcy

69 GTX AC BOX evaporator and drip pan - 09/12/18 09:07 PM

I have a 1969 GTX factory AC car in my shop. The owner had it rebuilt a few years ago. The AC box. they put a plastic drip pan in it under the evaporator, they were steel from the factory. I have a mint factory steel drip pan. I took the box apart and the evaporator has 2 of the 4 mounting points are wrong. I can make it work with some fab work I think, but the owner is wondering how many different evaporators and drip pans there are in 1969. I think this is a after market evaporator and its meant for the plastic drip pan and not the steel. anyone know the story on AC evaporators and drip pans
Posted By: 70runner

Re: 69 GTX AC BOX evaporator and drip pan - 09/14/18 08:48 PM

I've rebuilt AC boxes in 69 Charger and 70 Road Runner. The drain pans were always metal, and the numerous donors I took apart in boneyards were the same. In addition, I managed to dig up a NOS drain pan many years ago and it was identical to the OE piece. I agree with your hypothesis, the 'rebuilt a few years ago' replaced the evaporator with an aftermarket including a matched, plastic drain pan.
© 2024 Moparts Forums