Moparts

360 passenger side motor mount

Posted By: Jason73

360 passenger side motor mount - 08/10/18 10:34 AM

I seem to see conflicting info on line. Does the motor mount on the passenger side go in front or behind the block tabs? This is on a 72 Challenger with a 360 magnum block. I have the correct brackets. It seems most people have problems with the drivers side so there a pics everywhere showing that side but no luck on the right side. I can’t seem to get the little stims on the mounts to drop in the slots so it will sit down flush on the K member, yet everything is bolted up. Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: 360 passenger side motor mount - 08/10/18 04:31 PM

Factory service manual shows how they go together. Get one. To the rear of the ears.

Attached picture MM's.JPG
Posted By: crackedback

Re: 360 passenger side motor mount - 08/10/18 05:06 PM

A body brackets look similar and have the isolator holes in a different location.

IIRC, if you look at the bracket from over the fender, B/E brackets have the hole more rearward of the bracket vertical centerline. A's are forward.

Re: 360 passenger side motor mount - 08/10/18 05:53 PM

A body brackets look nothing like E body ones. The A body brackets are substantially taller.

http://engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsYear/70.74eBody.html

http://engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsYear/67.72aBody.html
Posted By: Jason73

Re: 360 passenger side motor mount - 08/10/18 07:52 PM

Thanks. I guess I have them 9n correct. Both sides are on the back of the tabs. I wonder why i cant get the little spurs to drop down

Re: 360 passenger side motor mount - 08/10/18 08:02 PM

You need to have all mounts loosely bolted on, including the trans mount, then wiggle the assembly till it drops into place.

When the factory assembled it the engine was installed into the K member along with the front suspension and what not then that whole assembly was bolted to the body.
Posted By: crackedback

Re: 360 passenger side motor mount - 08/11/18 08:24 PM

The passenger sides look very similar and if you don't have both on hand, you may never know.

Isolator hole location tells you what you need to know.

Hope you get it fixed up.
© 2024 Moparts Forums