Moparts

Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material

Posted By: PAULS_340

Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/25/18 10:19 PM

Congrats goes out to Firestone for duplicating the old Wide-Oval look in a new era radial material. Goodyear was rumored to be doing that 5 years ago and didn't. BIG MISTAKE. You lose Goodyear, I bought Mickey Thompson S/T Radials.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/25/18 10:26 PM

Goodyear & Firestone have little interest in the "tiny" musclecar tire market

Goodyear reproductions is Kelsey Tire
Firestone reproductions is Coker Tire
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/25/18 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By PAULS_340
Congrats goes out to Firestone for duplicating the old Wide-Oval look in a new era radial material. Goodyear was rumored to be doing that 5 years ago and didn't. BIG MISTAKE. You lose Goodyear, I bought Mickey Thompson S/T Radials.

The aftermarket is mi$$ing the boat big time not doing a vintage GoodYear Polyglas GT in a radial format
Posted By: njmopar

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/26/18 01:10 AM

If they can ever make a radial sidewall that looks like a bias ply when there is weight on the tire, I am in. I am not a fan of the radial squat look
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/26/18 01:24 AM

Very strong rumors Kelsey is releasing 2 sizes of Polyglas GT repros in radials. I'd hoped they'd be out by summer but still no word on release. I've asked to be first in line for the F70x14s to replace the old Eagle STs on my vert! The other size is F60x15.
I like to drive my vert, so having radials that look right is perfect opposed to running radial T/As or bias ply even if the sidewalls on radials are a little rounded looking.
Posted By: davesmopars

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/26/18 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By PAULS_340

The aftermarket is mi$$ing the boat big time not doing a vintage GoodYear Polyglas GT in a radial format

I agree with Polyglas should be radial
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/26/18 02:35 AM

I spoke to Kelsey about this, and they are about done except the tire have to go through DOT certifaction.
Posted By: njmopar

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/26/18 04:00 AM

A while back I submitted a request for information to Kelsey about E70-14 and they said they do not plan to release in that size any longer. Their initial announcement said yes, but then there was conflicting info coming out.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/26/18 09:42 PM

a radial of any type wont cut it for high end judging
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/26/18 09:48 PM

Driving them is where the fun is, so who cares about judging?
Posted By: PAULS_340

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/27/18 03:24 AM

Isn't that speeecial. I just bought Mickey Thompson S/T white letters and now I read Kelsey coming out with what I've been wanting. Dang
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/27/18 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA
Driving them is where the fun is, so who cares about judging?

That's what I am talking about !!!! . . .
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/27/18 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By 05dakota
a radial of any type wont cut it for high end judging

True,

But,the client that wants this type of tire isn't looking for any kind of high end judging.

Just the 'LOOK' at cruise ins and the ride getting them there and back

that's what makes the redline radials so popular today

Walk around at your local cruise in and count the redline radials compared to bias ply tires.
Bias ply tires will be out numbered considerably
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/27/18 06:01 PM

That's true, but the Bias tires will get more compliments than anything. Even at just a cruise in, I am always asked, are those real Bias plus? Then the, man that's neat. They just look right.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Congrats Firestone Bias-ply in radial material - 07/28/18 03:28 AM

Myself I love the Nostalgia original type look but I will never run bias tire on my 63 again. I drive it a lot and the car handles a ton better on radials and don't go with lines in the road on radials. They are so much better driving and racing on the radials that I will always run radials on mine. And they don't look just like a bias tire up front but I don't think they look to bad and no one has ever asked me if they are radial or bias tires. A radial with the bias look is cool for sure. And I am one of the guys who could care less about judging at a car show. I like mine looking like they did in the 60's but I will give up the bias tire for the radial because the car drives so much better on a radial and I drive mine a lot. And I run radial slicks because they work better in my opinion on my auto car and handle better of course. Ron

© 2024 Moparts Forums