Moparts

Here are some cheap SB cast alum valve covers

Posted By: kick_the_reverb

Here are some cheap SB cast alum valve covers - 06/06/08 10:27 PM

Here are some SB cast aluminum valve covers that I got from Carquest a few months ago. $60 out the door, I figured that's better than all the beat up rusty stock ones (with chewed up holes) that I was running across. Haven't put them on yet, they'll go on the engine when I put Edelbrock heads on it.

And, I just remembered I saw a pic of Weiand valve covers a while ago, here it is, from user Jacksdad on moparchat.com:

These look to be the same ones but without the top of the fins machined, with the Weiand logo put in the empty rectangle and of course with some creative painting. I suspect you can do the same with the polished model of the CP Proucts valve covers (a little more expensive than the black wrinkle that I have).
If I'm not mistaken, PAW also sells these, but they are more expensive there.

Hope this is useful for someone,
Ran
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Here are some cheap SB cast alum valve covers - 06/06/08 10:39 PM

Look good but make sure that you make yourself some baffles for the breathers before you put them on. Baffles are a must IMO.

Re: Here are some cheap SB cast alum valve covers - 06/06/08 11:00 PM

They come with simple baffles and screws, I just didn't take pics of them. But thanks for making note of that, baffles are very important for oil control.
Ran
Posted By: DZJim

Re: Here are some cheap SB cast alum valve covers - 06/06/08 11:36 PM

Hmmm... probably cast at the same foundry that does MOPAR Performance covers. Probably the Peoples Republic; maybe India?; how about in Bangladesh by Zimbabwean illegals?

Re: Here are some cheap SB cast alum valve covers - 06/07/08 12:24 AM

Probably right, I can't find any trace of the country of origin. I wish I could find Ansen valve covers, but I don't think they exist anymore. I wish Edelbrock would issue their old style ribbed ones for SBM (they have them for everything else!), but they don't.
© 2024 Moparts Forums